Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee
At Cleveland State our mission is to build strong minds, careers and communities through exceptional teaching and learning, workforce development and service. We wish to hire faculty with similar values who can help us accomplish those goals.
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Adjunct Faculty Pool - Accounting
Instructors provide quality instruction for student learning and maintain a positive learning environment in the class. The major emphasis for instructors is on teaching and evaluating students in the course. Classes are taught in a variety of formats and at several different locations, as well as online. Instructors also communicate with students between classes and are responsible for several administrative duties such as reporting on academic activity and submitting final grades.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and teaching classes as assigned and as outlined in the course descriptions and course syllabi and departmental guidelines.
2. Beginning and ending all classes as scheduled and covering all relevant learning outcomes for each course.
3. Maintaining academic standards and classroom behavior to ensure an environment conducive to learning, communicating with students weekly, and answering student emails in a timely manner.
4. Evaluating students using a variety of methods and informing each student of scores received on each assessment in a timely manner.
5. Using Cleveland State email for administrative purposes and responding to student questions via Cleveland State email in a timely manner.
6. Meeting deadlines for all administrative requests such as submitting personnel paperwork, acknowledging contracts, academic activity and assessment reports, and final grades.
7. Submitting requests through the department chair, program coordinator/director, or lead teacher for equipment, supplies, textbooks, and other instructional aids.
Minimum of Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with 18 graduate semester hours of coursework focusing on teaching discipline.
Availability/Closing Date: This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer. Postings close yearly on October 31; to maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Application packet should consist of a cover letter, a transcript, a resume/CV, and three references to be considered for an Adjunct Faculty position. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Applicants may be subject to a background check.
Adjunct faculty pay rates are based upon educational qualifications. The rates per credit hour for each educational level are as follows:
Master's degree $550
Master's plus 30 semester hours (ABD) $575
If you are interested, click on the link to the top right to apply.
Human Resources Office
Cleveland State Community College
Telephone: 423-478-6203; FAX: 423-478-6257
Cleveland State Community College does not discriminate against
students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic
information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all
employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State Community
College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on nondiscrimination
can be found at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00