Title: Data Analyst, Institutional Reporting
Job no: 493537
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $51,488 -$65,648
The Institutional Research & Reporting unit is based on HACC's Harrisburg Campus, but team members may be located at any of the college's five campuses.
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for research, analysis, report writing, and data interpretation. Utilizing advanced statistical and analytical methods, investigates complex issues, identifies and solves problems, and supports informed decision making across the college. Writes and validates simple and complex queries using SQL for the successful extraction of data from source systems to support Right-to-Know Requests, Operational Reporting, and Institutional Reporting. Conducts labor market research to determine demand for current and future program offerings. Implements large national surveys, synthesizes results, and presents important outcomes. Position requires the use of specialized computer software, such as databases and statistical programs. Compiles and analyzes institutional data to make recommendations.
The Institutional Reporting team supports the collection, analysis, interpretation, communication, and reporting of the College's institutional and operational data ensuring internal and external stakeholders have access to high quality data for data informed operational and strategic decision making.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience within the field of data analytics or statistics with skills that are clearly transferable to this position or a combination of education and experience to successfully complete the duties of the position.
Hiring Range: $51,488 -$65,648
- Related experience working in Institutional Research/Reporting
- Experience with predictive analytics and/or advanced statistical analysis
- Higher education system knowledge, Banner preferred
- Relationship building and collaborative leadership skills
- Experience with business intelligence platforms
- Experience driving data governance
Job Specific Task List:
- Compiles data to meet operational, institutional, and external requirements covering student, faculty, courses/programs, assessment, demographics, and other factors as requested; writes and validates simple and complex queries using SQL for the successful extraction of data from source systems to support Right-to-Know Requests, Operational Reporting, and Institutional Reporting; maintains the College Data Book. - (Essential)
- Utilizes databases and statistical programs to analyze and package data to satisfy the reporting requirements for the Pennsylvania Department of Education (Perkins, PIMS, etc.) and Middle States. - (Essential)
- Develops or applies statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize data such as retention, completion, enrollment, demographics, etc; leverage historical data and predictive analytics to support operational and strategic decision making. - (Essential)
- Conducts organizational studies and evaluations; designs systems and procedures to assist management in operating efficiently and effectively; identifies errant data and makes recommendations for data cleansing by functional data owners. - (Essential)
- Designs and implements surveys, synthesizes results, presents findings, and makes recommendations (SENSE, CCSSE, Student Satisfaction Survey, Perkins Grad Survey). - (Essential)
- Converts complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, dashboards, and written reports; utilizes data retrieval and reporting tools to optimize report creation. - (Essential)
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains dashboards, reports, queries, and surveys to support data informed decision making and operational processes; assists with planning for expanded use of dashboards across the college to add value to collegewide data accessibility and usage. - (Essential)
- Fosters ongoing collaboration and communication with functional and technical stakeholders to ensure consistent, timely, and high quality deliverables; supports data governance by working with data stewards to ensure data is accurate, secure, valid, and timely. - (Essential)
- Writes and maintains high quality documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures and process documentation; follows departmental standards for sharing and organizing documentation to ensure accessibility; continuously improves documentation and ensures documentation is accurate and up-to-date; maintains up-to-date status reports. - (Essential)
- Pursues professional development and networking opportunities as related to data analytics; leverages resources available through vendors and industry; maintains working knowledge of industry terminology, best practices, and functional processes, procedures, and workflows - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC's commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others' expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 09, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time