Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Troy, New York
Attain Laboratory Coordinator EOC-MC-3823
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2023-03-26
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community.
Attain Laboratory Coordinator
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Function and scope: ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking) is a Statewide technology initiative funded by New York State to provide urban and rural communities access to state-of-the-art technology. Through innovative technologies, ATTAIN provides underserved and underprepared community residents the opportunity to access academic, vocational, life skills and workplace readiness training, in coordination within an Educational Opportunity Center or a local community-based host institution. Each ATTAIN lab is a certified Microsoft IT Academy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in education or related discipline
• One year or more experience working with adult population (teaching, advising and/or mentoring)
• Experience with instructional computer software applications in reading, writing and math
• Experience working with underserved/underprepared populations
• Must be able to work independently
• A driver’s license is required to carry out some of the duties of the job description.
• Two or more years’ experience working with adult population (teaching, advising and/or mentoring)
• Experience working with TANF recipients
• Experience in community outreach
• Microsoft certifications
• Experience in curriculum development
Lab Technology Coordinators (LTCs) provide on-site learning and technical support and oversight for their assigned ATTAIN lab. In coordination with their UCAWD ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator, LTCs work to achieve the outcomes specified in their Implementation Plan.
Working in collaboration with their colleagues, LTCs are expected to:
• become proficient in the use of the ISI courseware, Microsoft curricula and any third-party software.
• obtain and keep current Microsoft certifications related to instructional curriculum delivered at the lab.
• demonstrate progress toward becoming a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
• deliver Microsoft certification instruction to the served populations.
• create, monitor and update a monthly schedule for lab operations and classes, in coordination with the host institution.
• Prepare the lab’s Implementation Plan together with the ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator and effectively execute objectives set forth within it.
• submit monthly status reports to ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators and host institutions, which will include among other items student enrollment, usage, and outcomes.
• create and implement a Community Outreach and Partnership Development plan which must include marketing strategies and presentations to promote the ATTAIN lab in local communities.
• work with local Departments of Social Services (DSS) and Labor (DOL) to identify potential program participants, especially TANF and TANF 200% recipients.
• determine participant TANF eligibility during Intake process.
• provide initial orientation for all new participants and train lab participants on software and courseware resources.
• develop curricular pathways for individual participants based on available lab resources.
• provide participant intervention and technical assistance at the learning stations, as needed.
• manage and maintain ATTAIN enrollment and reporting databases.
• report, log and record hardware and/or technical problems and their resolutions.
• communicate any unresolved issues with hardware and software to supervisors and ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators.
• use ATTAIN’s management systems to monitor participant progress.
• participate in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• document and report participant success stories and outcomes to UCAWD and the host institution, when applicable.
• proctor certification exams, as needed.
• become familiar with, support, and uphold EOC’s policies and procedures.
• provide supervision for volunteers as needed.
• create and maintain a clean, comfortable and orderly learning environment in the lab.
• work some evening and weekend hours.
• travel locally.
• perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Strong communication, written, organizational and presentation skills required. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Ability to promote professional and ethical behavior
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May require long periods of standing and moving about computer lab. May be required on occasion to connect or remove cables under a desk. Must be able to move monitors, printers, CPUs or other light equipment and supplies on occasion.
The salary range for this full-time 12 month position is $50,000-$55,000.
Hudson Valley offers a full benefit package including Health Insurance, Dental and Eye Insurance, Retirement, employee and employee’s spouse and children tuition waivers. HVCC also has a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of March 26, 2023.
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression. Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
St. Peter's Health Partners
St. Peter's Health Partners
St. Peter's Health Partners