Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Wilson, North Carolina
The Roll Off Driver is responsible for the hauling of customer waste from industrial, commercial, and institutional sites. The driver is responsible for performing assigned duties on container delivery and hauling of industrial roll-off routes. This physically strenuous position involves mounting and dismounting a 10 ton vehicle numerous times each day.
• Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies.
• Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections.
• Complete an assigned daily route as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, secure bin on truck, empty bin at transfer station, return bin to customer site.
• Perform driver check-ins at day's end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
• Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
• Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal recycling/waste facilities.
• Required to climb up ladder on truck to tarp loads.
• Required to be able to lift the Roll-Off hook and attach it to the bin, requires bending and ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
• May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
• Satisfactory driving record.
• Must pass a DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must pass GFL Environmental written and road test evaluation.
• Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with others.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to job.
• Ability to write simple reports and correspondence such as pre- and post-trip inspections, accident reports, daily paperwork, etc.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out uninvolved written and/or oral instructions and to solve general problems.
• Ability to follow instructions and work under limited supervision.
• Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
• Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
• Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
• Sitting may be required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
• Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, rainy/stormy, extreme hot and cold weather conditions (depending on season), moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
• Work in outdoor environment up to 100% of the time.
• Works route away from branch location on a continuous basis throughout the day.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work in motor vehicle traffic conditions constantly.
• Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.