Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
$7,500 sign on Bonus. Part Time CT Tech - Shift: Tuesday & Wednesday; 7:30pm - 6:00 am. Performs CT Scanning procedures. Consults with Radiologist and referring physician on the types of scans performed on each individual. Responsible for the designated areas or procedures as required for CT Scanning as well as the general care and safety of patients while in the department.
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
• Benefits first day of employment (including: medical, dental, vision, PTO, life, STD/LTD)
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
• Retirement savings account with employer match
• Generous paid time off programs
• Employee referral incentive program
• Tuition/professional development reimbursement
• Nursing Scholarship opportunities
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly, or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Performs all functions and operations of the CT Scanner as well as the necessary quality control on equipment. Responds to equipment failure.
4. Selects the correct Radiologist scanning exam protocols to produce exams consistent with diagnosis, symptoms and patient history.
5. Produces images of high technical quality while keeping radiation doses as low as possible and causing little or no discomfort to the patient. Handles quality assurance of all images for correct imaging windows.
6. Assists Radiologists with invasive procedures.
7. Performs CT Angiography of all vessels and exhibits competency utilizing the workstation for all advanced reconstructions.
8. Supplies and handles medical emergency situations including reactions to contrast media.
9. Communicates skillfully and tactfully in all situations. Informs patients concerning delays and in the explanation of the exams in lay terminology. Completes histories for the Radiologist, and communicate to referring Physicians concerning the exams.
10. Demonstrates master of IV sites and Creatinines using appropriate analyzer.
11. Maintains stock levels and keeps a clean and orderly work environment.
12. Uses picture archiving and communication system, nightshift functions, and follows up on all exams to ensure completion in a timely manner, including reports.
13. Identifies appropriate opportunities for innovation, is conscientious with detail with tasks and balances the demands of multiple assignments. Understands priorities and is able to adjust to the volume of work on each shift.
14. Offers assistance to co-workers and others.
15. Performs other duties consistent with the purpose of the job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Primrose of Mishawaka
Habitat Charlotte Region