Saint Mary Home offers a variety of care plans and services for adults, each tailored to an individual's needs. Learn about our skilled nursing services, diverse rehabilitation options, secure Alzheimer's/dementia Special Care Community and residential apartments. Our objective is to meet the medical and spiritual needs of each person on the deepest human level. Experience high-quality, compassionate care at Saint Mary Home for yourself or for someone close to you.
What to expect as a CNA at Saint Mary Home
1. Listens to report; obtains assignments and the condition of the residents at the beginning of the shift. This will provide information needed to understand and implement the current plans of care for each resident.
2. Reviews Resident Care Plans and provides for care of residents accordingly by assisting with ADL's as needed. Personal care may include shower/bath, shampoo, perineal care, oral hygiene, positioning, nails short and clean, dressing, range of motion, ambulation and insure adaptive devices are worn.
3. Participates in the collaborative care planning meeting with the clinical support team as scheduled or needed, to discuss elder's needs and progress in identifying and creating resident centered care plans.
4. Observes residents and reporting any reactions or changes in condition to the nurse.
5. Documents care as required in the electronic medical record.
7. Understands and follows the Code of Conduct/ethics established by the Empowered Work Teams (EWT).
8. Communicates with co-workers at all levels to adequately meet the needs of elders. Identifies and honors resident choices in activities of daily living while maintaining resident safety. Provides engagement and activities for residents.
9. Attends and participates in team meetings.
10. Reports accidents and incidents when they occur. Observes standard precautions per established policy and hazardous materials policies. Maintains a lift free environment.
11. Promotes and participates in educational programs. Attends all required educational programs. Maintains required certifications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Maintain Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A.) certification as required by the State of CT.
2. Maintain C.P.R., First Aid Training, and Dementia Care training. OSHA MSDS safe chemical handling practices.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.