Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
*Is knowledgeable of and ensures that supervised Associates are knowledgeable of applicable current compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulatory developments including their responsibility to comply with applicable laws, regulations and Holy Cross Hospital policies as a condition of employment, as well as reporting mechanisms such as the corporate compliance hotline.
* Ensures that Associates complete compliance orientation and ensures and arranges for ongoing specific risk training (applicable to the department) on a regular basis throughout the year.
Functions in first-line management/clinical leadership role in coordinating patient care activities on the nursing unit.
* Provides for direct and indirect nursing care to meet the physiological, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the patient and significant others.
* Is knowledgeable of current nursing practices and ensures compliance to the hospitals policies and procedures.
* Serves as a coordinator of the multi-disciplinary approach to patients care to include care planning, patient teaching, and discharge planning.
Demonstrates proficiency in the provision of nursing care.
* Insures appropriate patient preparation as well as timely completion of chart, prior to surgery, special procedure, transfer or discharge.
* Administers medications and treatments as ordered by the physician and in accordance with Policy and Procedure.
* Establishes nursing care priorities. Competently cares for patient with highest acuity on unit (unit specific).
* Provides, or supervises, patients care and treatment.
* Performs other job-related duties within job scope as requested by Unit Director.
* Assists fellow staff members in completing assignments in time of crisis.
* Assumes primary nurse, team leader, or patient care responsibilities as necessary..
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or related field, preferred. Specialty certification desirable.
* Previous experience as regular Charge Nurse or Assistant Head Nurse level on a nursing unit required.
* Strong leadership traits, as well as experience with staffing, scheduling, and strong communication
* Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Florida. Minimum of BLCS Certification.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
SEACOR Holdings Inc.
Holy Cross Hospital