Performs a variety of interpretation and translation services to assist limited English speaking patients receiving care within Saint Joseph Health System.
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
• 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
• 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
• More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
NO mandatory overtime
Benefits first day of employment (including: medical, dental, vision, PTO, life, STD/LTD)
Retirement savings account with employer match
Generous paid time off programs
Employee referral incentive program
Tuition/professional development reimbursement
Nursing Scholarship opportunities
State of the art equipment
Supportive team approach
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Provides interpreter services for limited English speaking patients, and convey the exact message as opposed to summarizing the information in a way that is subjective.
4. Ensures that information pertaining to the patient's outpatient services; hospitalization (i.e. advance directives, consents for treatment, diagnosis and prognosis, treatment plan, follow-up appointments and health care education) is accurately communicated.
5. Participates in on call coverage to provide interpretation/translation services during non-business hours and business hours as assigned.
6. Maintains accurate daily records on all requests for services as well as the provision of services. Maintains accurate and timely documentation within program database. T
7. Translates pertinent medical and educational written materials into Spanish or other languages as needed.
8. Participates in health fairs and other events, as needed.
9. Participates in continuing education programs and competency training to enhance professional role of medical interpreter. Ensures that all policies and procedures related to process, service, and employee work are followed.
10. Participates in staff meetings
11. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Knowledge of medical interpretation normally acquired by completing a conversation/translation competency testing in a secondary language. Work generally requires completion of an Associate's degree in order to acquire appropriate communications and organizational skills.
Licensure: Certification in Medical Interpretation (e.g. Bridging the Gap).
Experience: Interpretation work experience in health services
Other Job Requirements:
Flexibility with hours of work and/or days as required based on operational needs. Must be able to commute at short notice between SJRMC entity sites for interpretation purposes. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.