Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Laurel, Maryland
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
In this role, you will embody our value of Doing The Right Thing by protecting People, Assets, and Brands. You will work in a energized, fast paced environment focused on creating a safe environment for our employees, teams, and customers; this is critical to driving our Brand power, enduring customer relationships, and exuding our commitment to team and values. You'll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
* Provides a high level of visible, overt presence to prevent loss and safety issues.
* Helps drive a low risk culture and contributes to shortage reduction efforts by providing a visible presence on the sales floor.
* Greets customers and provides service.
* Maintains Physical Security of the store.
o Assists leadership in proper handling of escalated customer situations.
o Assists Asset Protection Coordinators during external shoplifting apprehensions.
o Collects and communicates loss and safety related intelligence to stores and Asset Protection leaders.
* Creates and maintains awareness by promoting available resources to your business partners (Open Door Policy, Code of Business Conduct Hotline, Brand Protection Program, Safety trainings, etc.).
* Promotes and supports awareness of store safety standards as they relate to security and safety procedures (Code Adam, active threat, emergency procedures, downtime boxes, equipment, etc.).
* The Asset Protection Service Representative's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all store employees and customers and to support the shortage reduction efforts by providing a strong visible presence in the store.
* They are responsible for monitoring the customer entrance/exit.
* They work closely with store leaders and other Asset Protection personnel to ensure all Asset Protection initiatives are compliant to Brand standards while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
* Experience in customer service and/or a high-pressure, multitask environment to drive results, coach, and collaborate.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions.
* Ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors. Ability to manage and prioritize their time; able to multitask.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Hourly Range: $13.25 - $17.35 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.