Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Research Associate II, Clinical Immunology in Gaithersburg, MD.
We are seeking Research Associate II to join our Clinical Immunology department in Gaithersburg, MD. This individual will play an important role on our 12 - 8 pm shift conducting clinical testing activities on clinical samples including assay development and qualification. In addition, individual will be expected to generate accurate high throughput clinical data following qualified assays using high throughput clinical testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Play a key role in performing technical laboratory processes, including training on existing assays and clinical testing related activities as per schedule and under management discretion in a GCLP environment
• Individual will be required to perform routine assays with high sample throughput.
• Individual will be required to record all data in specified formats (including electronic) following Good Documentation Practices.
• Individual will additionally be responsible for activities related to assay development including optimization and qualification of assays.
• Individual will assist the Laboratory Lead or above with analysis and interpretation of clinical and/or experimental da
• Individual must ensure that corporate, quality, regulatory and safety procedures/requirements are being observed and followed at all times.
• Individual will maintain accurate inventories and will be responsible for informing lab support about ordering supplies.
• Individual will be responsible for facility housekeeping according to regulations.
• Individual will be responsible for drafting SOPs, writing reports and presenting data in various formats.
Specific Assay requirements:
• Individual will be primarily will be involved in performing clinical assays as per Manager's direction.
• Individual will be responsible for performing ELISA and cell based assays as per Manager's direction.
• Individual may be responsible to design and execute experiments to bridge new lots of critical reagents under Scientist and Manager's discretion.
• Individual will be responsible for performing qualification of assays under Scientist and Manager's direction.
• Individual will be responsible for troubleshooting assay related problems and perform follow up experiments for assays.
• Able to peer review data for both Good Documentation Practices and scientific content.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in biological science, molecular biology, immunology, or equivalent years of relevant industry experience
• At least 1-3 years (RAII) hands on Pharma Industry experience or collaboration with Industry, preferably with ELISA
• Familiar with aseptic technique and working in a BSL-2/ BSL-2 plus laboratory.
• Previous experience with high throughput and automated assays
• Working knowledge of colorimetric assays for enzyme activity and inhibition.
• Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, SoftmaxPro GxP and LIMS.
• Candidate must be flexible in time management
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently and a team player who can work cross functionally. Attention to detail is highly desirable.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be available for afternoon- evening day shift work
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1131735
Genex Service LLC
The Judge Group Inc.
University of Kentucky
University of Kentucky
University of Kentucky