Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
Location: Lakewood, Ohio
Qualified Mental Health Specialist (QMHS)
Are you looking for an organization where you can make a positive impact in people's lives? Our mission at Signature Health is to make behavioral health, primary care, infectious disease, case management services and more accessible to vulnerable patient populations of all ages across Northeast Ohio. As a non-profit community health center, our team of 800+ colleagues help individuals and families overcome mental health issues, recover from addiction, and improve their physical health.
If you share in our mission and are looking for an inclusive, compassionate and patient-focused agency, then Signature Health is the place for you!
In addition to a rewarding career, you will have access to the following benefits:
Read below how you will contribute to putting good health within reach of all our community members and apply today!
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Supervisor and Manager, Behavioral Health Services, the Qualified Mental Health Specialist (QMHS) will be key in the development and execution of client treatment plans. You will provide clients and their families with ongoing community support resources including transportation for access to identified resources. The QMHS acts as an outstanding subject matter expert related to client needs and will foster positive relationships to all clients, their families, and Signature Health team members.
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED:
· Diligently develop, prepare and present treatment program work material to clients.
· Plan, coordinate, and provide reliable transportation to clients to access identified resources as part of their treatment plans.
· Maintains clear communication and professional boundaries with all clients.
· Act as a subject matter expert and provide support in accessing and developing a sober support network.
· Collaborates effectively with a client’s treatment team.
· Create an outstanding experience for both adult and child clients (SMD/SED, CD/Dual DX) by identifying support needed in the following areas: educational, medical, vocational, housing, and daily living skills resulting in clients to be successful in their communities.
· Encourage, monitor, and follow-up on client engagement and participation in all treatment plan activities.
· Serve as a liaison with in-patient units.
· Maintain client charting electronically in accordance with Medicaid, ODMHAS, CARF and professional standards.
· Assist in crisis intervention and prevention in the community.
· Participate in community outreach.
· Participates in all quality assurance and utilization review activities.
· Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
· Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
· May be required to perform telehealth services as determined by Signature Health.
· Adherence and completion of compliance training provided by Signature Health.
· Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation requirements.
· Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff development programs.
· Demonstrate appropriate attendance and punctuality in adherence with Signature Health policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Valid unencumbered Ohio driver’s license and proof of driver’s insurance required.
· American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related social services field preferred.
· 1-3+ years of previous case management or relevant experience preferred.
· CDCA preferred.
· Strong computer skills with Microsoft, Excel, etc.
· Knowledge of the community, community organizations, and community resources.
· Knowledge of ASAM levels of care, ability to assist client in obtaining residential, detox, and supported housing services in the community.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/clinical work environment.
· While hours of operation are generally standard, flexibility to work evenings and extended hours may be required.
· Requires periods of sitting, standing, telephone, and computer work.
· Hearing: adequate to hear clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
· Speaking: adequate to speak to clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
· Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
· Physical effort required: occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 15 pounds, unassisted.
· Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens while performing job duties.
· Frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular workday.
· Sufficient dexterity to operate a PC and other office equipment.
This Success Profile is not an exhaustive list of all functions or requirements that you may be required to perform; you may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested by your supervisor or the company. You must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily; however, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform the essential functions of this job, absent undue hardship. Signature Health may revise this Success Profile at any time, with or without advanced notice.
All employees of Signature Health are required to comply with the Signature Health Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy. This policy requires employees to obtain an annual flu vaccination. A medical and/or religious exemption may be submitted for review by the Signature Health Review Committee. Exemption requests are not guaranteed to be approved.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Signature Health, Inc.
Signature Health, Inc.
Signature Health, Inc.
Public Health Foundation Enterprises, In
Ardurra Group LLC
Riverview Community Bank