Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Division or Field Office:
Knoxville Claims Office
Department of Position: Claims Department
At Erie Insurance, you're not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you're also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia.
We strive to be Above all in Service® to our customers-and to our employees. That's why Erie Insurance offers you an exceptional benefits package, including:
• Premier health, prescription, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents. Coverage begins your first day of work.
• Low contributions to medical and prescription premiums. We currently pay up to 97% of employees' monthly premium costs.
• A pension. We are one of only 13 Fortune 500 companies to offer a traditional pension plan. Full-time employees are vested after five years of service.
• A 401(k) with up to 4% contribution match. The 401(k) is offered in addition to the pension.
• Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, bereavement days and parental leave.
• Career development, including a tuition reimbursement program for higher education and industry designations.
• Additional benefits that include company-paid basic life insurance; short-and long-term disability insurance; orthodontic coverage for children and adults; adoption assistance; fertility and infertility coverage; well-being programs; paid volunteer hours forservice to your community; and dollar-for-dollar matching of your charitable gifts, up to $12,500 a year.
Exercises independent discretion or judgment in handling all types of property claims. Also assists or acts on behalf of the claims supervisor when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conducts investigations, interviews, and inspects damage, driving to site of damage within assigned territory or other if required. Prepares estimates, makes recommendation, and handles coverage questions, and litigation.
Sets and maintains reserves, reviews reports and related materials, directs experts, determines coverage and claim value, issues or declines payment, and negotiates claims with plaintiff attorneys when necessary.
Documents claim files and submits report for closure.
Recognizes subrogation situations and initiates appropriate action.
Services assigned territory and brings assigned claims to conclusion.
Interacts with Agents and district sales managers on matters of mutual concern.
Assists claims supervisor or acts on his/her behalf, including representing the company at legal proceedings, as required.
Completes industry-related training programs and continues to attend training programs to remain informed on policy changes, interpretation or new legislation.
Assists in training of new claims adjusters.
Participates on Catastrophe Team when required.
The first five duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor, or as become evident.
Information Management Skills
Optimizes Work Processes
High School Diploma or GED and five years of claims handling experience, or equivalent required; or
Bachelor's Degree and two years of claims handling experience, or equivalent required.
Successful completion of Associate in Claims (AIC) program preferred. Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company. Position requires the incumbent to serve on Catastrophe Team, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks. Willingness to obtain and maintain any required licenses. Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Driving; Frequent (50-80%)
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Climbing; Moderate (30-40%)
Nearest Major Market: Nashville