Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Division or Field Office:
Raleigh Branch Office
Department of Position: Southeast Sales Region
Home within assigned NC Territory
At Erie Insurance, you're not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you're also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia.
We strive to be Above all in Service® to our customers-and to our employees. That's why Erie Insurance offers you an exceptional benefits package, including:
• Premier health, prescription, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents. Coverage begins your first day of work.
• Low contributions to medical and prescription premiums. We currently pay up to 97% of employees' monthly premium costs.
• A pension. We are one of only 13 Fortune 500 companies to offer a traditional pension plan. Full-time employees are vested after five years of service.
• A 401(k) with up to 4% contribution match. The 401(k) is offered in addition to the pension.
• Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, bereavement days and parental leave.
• Career development, including a tuition reimbursement program for higher education and industry designations.
• Additional benefits that include company-paid basic life insurance; short-and long-term disability insurance; orthodontic coverage for children and adults; adoption assistance; fertility and infertility coverage; well-being programs; paid volunteer hours forservice to your community; and dollar-for-dollar matching of your charitable gifts, up to $12,500 a year.
Recruits, trains and guides assigned Agents in matters of sales, underwriting and re-underwriting, profitability, agency management and related matters. Serves as a company representative in maintaining favorable Policyholder relationships. Interacts with, supports, coaches and motivates Agents.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor, or as become evident.
Optimizes Work Processes
Education: • Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of four years of sales, underwriting, claims or marketing experience, required. MBA preferred. Experience: • Three years of sales, underwriting, claims or marketing experience OR • participation in DSM Training Program Other: • Related industry designations, such as CIC, CPCU, CLU, preferred. The incumbent must live in the territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company. An understanding of and commitment to ERIE's "Above All in Service" philosophy required. Extensive local travel, including overnight stays, required. Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing and e-mail software required. LOMA testing required. Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Occasional (
Driving; Frequent (50-80%)
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.