Our team is expanding and we are searching for an experienced, organized and multifaceted HR Business Partner to join our team in Windsor CT supporting our employees across several states who help promote self-reliance, responsibility and accountability for the at-risk and disadvantaged youth and adults. In this role you will work with the HR team and develop service minded interpersonal communications to support our programs and employees. We are looking for a candidate who will be engaged and creative in the recruitment processes, in addition to being responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Human Resources functions including onboarding, off boarding, Leave of Absence, HRIS management in a paperless capacity and will provide problem solving guidance to managers, supervisors and employees with respect and compassion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with hiring managers on openings and recruitment strategy.
- Conduct prescreening interviews to evaluate qualifications and discuss job requirements utilizing a consistent, qualification based criteria.
- Coordinate the new hire process. Send offer letters with all required new hire paperwork. Receive and verify all new hire paperwork. Enter all new hires into the HRIS system.
- Conduct background checks for all employees in accordance with established agency policies and procedures and the requirements of the funding source, including but not limited to criminal background checks, DCF checks and FBOP checks.
- Ensure the completion of employee electronic file, continually recording and updating information as needed.
- Participate and conduct orientation and training for new hires on a virtual platform.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor/managers on program status and how you can support the group.
- Have a working knowledge of the current benefits offered to be able to answer basic employee questions in regards to benefits and benefit enrollment.
- Administer all leave of absence programs (FMLA/LOA/ADA) in accordance with state and federal laws, as well as agency policy. Respond to questions from employees and supervisors regarding leave eligibility guidelines for their specific state.
- Provide guidance to managers/supervisors regarding personnel policy and employee relations inquiries. Provide guidance to supervisors regarding the agency’s disciplinary process and review of supporting documentation.
- Complete separation process by ensuring a PAF has been completed, issuing an exit interview, creating separation/benefit information sheets.
At Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) our mission is to create conditions for change by positively impacting the lives of our clients and their communities by providing services that facilitate skill development, enhance responsible citizenship, and increase overall well-being. CSI is a nonprofit organization that promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system. Since CSI’s founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the community-based service.
To learn more about Community Solutions Inc. visit our website at www.csi-online.org
- BA/BS Degree in a related field. Education may be substituted with experience on a year for year basis.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Human Resource.
- Exposure to state and federal guidelines including but not limited to EEOC, AAP, ADA, FMLA/LOA, WC.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to analyze situations effectively and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Good writing and organizational skills, and ability to prioritize projects a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments required.
- Strong computer skills and high attention to detail required, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook and in use of the internet and video platforms and an HRIS system (ADP WFN or Paycom preferred).
CSI offers great benefits which include:
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation accrued within the first year, bumped to three (3) weeks accrual after 1 year of service.
- Sick time (7 days accrual basis), floating holiday time (4 days/year).
- Medical and Dental plans.
- Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan with automatic enrollment and a company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year service.
- Ongoing training.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.