Lighting Projects Foreman at Rogers

Posted in General Business 7 days ago.

Type: Full-Time
Location: Tampa, Florida





Job Description:

Job Summary:
The Lighting Projects Foreman provides overall management of all assigned projects and ensures proper execution and timely completion.

Responsibilities:
Assists Project Manager with planning, organization, and staffing for assigned projects Analyzes bid documents (drawings, specifications, etc.) and existing site conditions to properly outline scope of work, including all general conditions and requirements Identifies risks in scope of work to ensure related costs are covered Establishes objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards to complete scope of work per contract documents Manages team of electricians, assigns daily tasks, and provides correct materials/equipment to complete scope of work Manages crew labor hours, material procurement, scheduling equipment, and daily production reporting Leads safety meetings and ensures the use of required PPE by all crew members Runs conduit/wire and installs/terminates devices Troubleshoots and performs quality control testing Conducts pre-bid surveys, kick-off meetings, progress walks, punch walks, and turnover

Requirements:
5+ years of field experience as a commercial electrician3+ years of field experience as a Foreman overseeing large lighting projectsWell-rounded knowledge of various lighting technologies and retrofit solutionsAbility to communicate both verbally and thorough writing in a professional, courteous, and knowledgeable mannerAbility to prioritize tasks according to deadlines and urgency, and complete them in a timely and professional manner Ability to create, navigate, search, and update company systems (emails, work orders, reports, etc.) Proficient with creating, editing, and analyzing Excel spreadsheets and Word documents Must be willing to travel (75% travel), work nights, weekends, and overtime

Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
25% of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. The other 75% of the time is spent traveling and working on project job sites.
Must frequently use a computer and telephone Must be able to work at elevated heights such as rooftops, extension ladders, scaffolding, aerial lifts, catwalks, etc. Must be able to hear alarms or other auditory warning devices such as vehicle back-up bells or electrical panel audible alarms Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 100 lbs. Must be able to climb and descend ladders (all types) Frequent kneeling and bending of legs and back required Ability to use hand and power tools, must make precision arm-hand positioning movements when working with electrical hand tools

Work Environment:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to and working on project job sites is required as needed.
Some projects may involve exposure to elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises Some projects may involve exposure to potentially dangerous situations that require following extensive safety precautions and could include the use of personal protective equipment Must be able to work in small, cramped, or restricted areas when working in a bucket or with panels that are difficult to access (switchgear room, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, etc.) Must be able to practice and comprehend safe work procedures as outlined in our companys Safety Policy Handbook, Haz-Com policy, and Lockout/Tagout policy
Rogers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.





More jobs in Tampa, Florida


Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.

Elevance Health

Elevance Health
More jobs in General Business


The Bartell Drug Company

The Bartell Drug Company

The Bartell Drug Company