Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota
Expected Travel: Up to 25%
Requisition ID: 7637
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
• Key member of PLT (Plant Leadership Team) with responsibility for all manufacturing engineering activities in assigned manufacturing plants. Position will also have leadership responsibilities within NPI, CI and Special Projects.
• Achieving Production Labor Minutes/Unit and Scrap Dollar/Unit targets while sustaining maximum uptime of all production lines in a manner the meets production demand
• Identifying, executing, and completing projects that improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, and reduce cost of goods.
• Assist the Plant Manager in establishing strategic short and long-term technology and production system improvement plans.
• Have a passion for Leadership and continuous improvement, highly engaging and visible on the production floor. Key owner for the deployment of many of the Teleflex Operations Playbook elements.
• Direct all Manufacturing Engineering activities required to achieve specified production metrics and complete significant improvement projects for the production life cycle for all products manufactured within Teleflex.
• Ensure all production lines, technologies, and horizontal processes are supported by a competent manufacturing engineering technical expert.
• Ensure necessary technical changes are properly implemented to sustain adequate production line capacity for all prod. Lines.
• Update and improve manufacturing procedures, RTs, and product structure BOMs that are accurate, complete, identify safety critical processes, and represent current approved best practices.
• Achieve Minutes/Unit labor targets for specific product lines in a sustainable manner.
• Achieve and sustain Scrap Dollars/Unit for specific product lines at less than the target percentage of the product COGs.
• Identify improvement projects by performing detailed time studies and spending significant time observing the line, equipment, and product flow.
• Execute and complete improvement projects following applicable Teleflex business processes that either improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, or reduce cost.
• Ensure that a high talent highly competent staff is maintained through careful and thorough hiring and managing out low-performing employees.
• Work closely with other company functions to ensure corporate objectives are met.
• Supervise direct reports including reinforcing the open door policy and ensuring duties, responsibilities, authority, and expectations for direct reports are defined and understood.
• Ensure company policies and procedures are followed taking timely corrective action with the help of HR when necessary.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Seven years of relevant experience required
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Expert in the use and deployment of CI tools
• Thorough understanding of medical device product development and manufacturing and quality system regulations required
• Strong project management, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to identify and lead projects from conception to completion
• Understanding of the budget and planning process and implementation
• Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing techniques, processes, equipment, and materials required
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.