Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Richardson, Texas
Infosys is seeking a Project Manager with Grid Modernization experience - In this role you will help clients with strategy definition, value realization, implementation, and operations. The role holder will be a key player in the consulting team that helps discover and define the problem statement, evaluates the solution options and makes recommendations. You will create detailed design, architecture and process artifacts and implement the deployment plan. You will also support knowledge transfer with the objective of providing value-adding consulting solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global landscape.Location for this position is Rosemead, CA. Candidate can work remotely from anywhere within the US. This position will require relocation and or travel to project location. Working in Pacific time zone is must.Responsibilities:
The typical responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
• Organize and monitor medium/large size projects (for IT applications) in the area of Electric Utility - Grid Modernization with high maturity.
• Effectively coordinate with project team including product vendors, other IT teams, client teams and other stake holders across projects.
• Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities.
• Manage Issues, Risk, Scope Change and assigned resources.
• Align and manage project activities as per Infosys & client processes including STPS activities.
• Support client OCM and roll out activities.
• Assess project performance and aim to maximize efficiency in delivery.
• Assume responsibility for the project team.
• Provide various reports for stake holder updates.Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
• At least 7 years of Information Technology experience.
• Electrical Engineering or Power Systems background preferred.
• Experience of managing large scale projects (for IT applications) in the area of Electric Utility - Grid Modernization/Smart Grid with high maturity in a direct client facing role.
• Extensive experience in proposal preparation, Planning & Tracking, Issues & Risk management , change management.Preferred Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of Agile methodology including ALM tools like Octane.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Experience and desire to work in Global Delivery Environment.
• Working experience in managing projects involving GIS for electric utilities (Asset mapping and network analysis ), Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Asset Data Management and Analytics.
• Relevant project management certification.
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.The job entails an extensive amount of travel. The job also entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.About Us:
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.EOE disability/veteran
American Career College