Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Whitsett, North Carolina
Assembles orders and prepares items such as tools and equipment for shipment which includes document preparation, computer processing and arranging for transportation to ensure accurate and timely delivery for customers and vendors.
• Performs duties required to schedule and ship products timely; participates in regular inventory audits and cycle counts.
• Assures orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents.
• Assists & evaluates needs with shipping points, services, weights, and other information needed.
• Coordinates shipment information to other offices and/or agents.
• Verifies items received by checking identifying information of items, inspecting condition of items, and comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list.
• Maintains inventory by labeling and placing items in stock; reports items to be reordered.
• Confirms physical shipment of goods and facilitates tracking of packages.
• Coordinates with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods.
• Recommends process improvements as appropriate.
• Support the cycle count program.
• Certified forklift driver a plus
Minimum Education / Qualifications:
Commitment to Excellence - Check your work
Customer Relationship Management - communicate with customers to deliver better service
Physical Demands of the Position:
Stands greater than 2 hours at a time
Stoops and bends below knee level 8 - 10 times an hour
Lifts and carries less than 50 pounds but greater than 25 pounds repetitively
Pushes / pulls objects greater than 25 pounds
Repetitively uses feet to walk
Grips with hands
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an "at will" employment relationship