Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: White Lake, Michigan
The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing shift staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Clinical care Coordinator to ensure that the highest degree of quality of care is maintained at all times.
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or
appropriate by management.
1. Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
2.Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
3.Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
4. Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
5. Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident's response to the care.
6. Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
7.Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication administration.
8. Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
9. Make daily rounds of your unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical Care Coordinator.
10. Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with our established procedures.
11. Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
12. Assist in training nursing department personnel.
13. Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
14. Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your unit's resident's care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
15.Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
16. Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
17. Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow community's established procedures.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health Senior Communities
Trinity Health Senior Communities