Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
This 30-bed unit provides care to patients with primary cardiac diagnoses, as well as to medical patients that require cardiac telemetry monitoring. 4 South Acute/Cardiac is staffed by registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, health unit coordinators, and monitor technicians. Staff receive support from clinical educators and advanced practice nurses.
Using Quality Caring Model, demonstrates acceptable performance, and applies nursing process, to plan and manage care of routine patients, including patient and family education, and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicates fundamental patient and family information to health care team. Identifies and communicates variances from patient goals. Responsible for providing and coordinating interdisciplinary patient care, utilizing nursing process. Job description, performance appraisal and competency assessment apply to all Registered Nurses, who have successfully met performance expectations for Registered Nurses. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Graduation from accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (BSN or MSN) preferred.
2. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
3. BLS Healthcare Provider certification from American Heart Association; additional life support training, as applicable to unit requirements.
4. Professional specialty certifications may be required, in accordance with departmental standards or role requirements:
* High Risk Perinatal Center - Inpatient OB certification for exam-eligible RNs.
* For RNs working in Labor & Delivery, High Risk Perinatal Center, and Float Pool E - NCC EFM certification (for novice RNs and experienced RNs newly hired, certification must be obtained within twelve months of hire).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Current knowledge of nursing skills and practice.
2. Computer and audiovisual skills, using various applications, such as internet, e-mail and word processing.
3. Ability to retrieve and interpret data.
4. Effectively read, speak, write, compose, and comprehend English.
5. Effective eye and hand coordination.
6. Ability to analyze and synthesize information within short period of time.
7. Effective problem-solving skills.
8. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
9. Ability to work well with individuals and groups.
Physical Requirements: Able to lift patients and patient care equipment up to 35 pounds. Must be able to push, pull and move patients, and patient care equipment. Must be able to bend body downward at waist and be able to kneel. Must be able to utilize computers for periods of time throughout shift.
Visual Acuity: Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminals; extensive reading; visual inspection, involving small defects, small parts and operation of machines; using measurement devices; assembly at distances close to eyes.
Auditory Acuity: Must have sufficient acuity to identify auditory alarms in noisy environments.
Environmental Conditions: Worker subject to hazards associated with hospital environment.
Reports to manager or director.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.