Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Your best life. Our one purpose.
Living the traditions, visions and values of the Sisters of Mercy, MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a part of Trinity Health of Livonia, Mich., the second-largest Catholic healthcare system in the United States.
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a regional medical center that meets the needs of residents in a 33-county area of western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and southeastern South Dakota. In addition to the main hospital in Sioux City, MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center owns rural hospitals in Primghar, Iowa, manages hospitals in Pender, Nebraska and Hawarden, Iowa, and operates a primary care clinic network, specialty care clinics and home health services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a partner with Dunes Surgical Hospital, a multi-specialty surgical hospital, in Dakota Dunes, South Dakota.
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center has earned more national recognition for quality patient outcomes than any other hospital in the region. The medical center has earned multiple honors for its leadership and excellence in several clinical areas including cardiac care, orthopedic services, vascular surgery, stroke care and cancer care.
Under general direction, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) provides service to the medical staff and hospital leadership in order to assist them in fulfilling their mission, plans and objectives which includes their responsibilities to the patient and the community for the provision of quality and cost-effective care. This position has impact on the quality and financial outcomes of clinical and operational departments throughout the organization.
In all roles and activities, it is anticipated that the CMO will network and build consensus, collaborate, and problem solve. This position will play a key role in the implementation of strategic and operating plans as well as service line development, in particular the strategies for physician relationships and service line growth and enhancement. These activities and initiatives shall be accomplished through the existing and revised formal medical staff structures/committees, Medical Group/Health Network, committees as well as the CEO and Executive Team meetings and informative relationships.
1. Current medical/osteopathic degree and licensure to practice medicine in the State of Iowa. The individual in the position must be working toward or have attained eligibility for board certification in medical management. May obtain license after securing position.
2. Requires a minimum of seven or more years of clinical practice, participation in a leadership role in medical staff organization activities, and through management experience within a health care delivery system.
3. Requires a minimum of three to five years prior supervisory experience.
4. Must possess excellent interpersonal/listening skills to interact effectively with individuals of all backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
5. Demonstrated ability to lead and implement quality improvement initiatives.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead medical staff quality initiatives.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills, in order to effectively discuss quality issues and performance and to foster culture of the regional health ministry, MercyOne and Trinity Health.
8. Strong leadership/influencing skills are required with the ability to work effectively within a regional health ministry and influence others and achieve results.
9. Advanced interpersonal, management and organizational skills are necessary.
10. An understanding and commitment to the philosophy, mission and vision and culture of MercyOne is required.
11. May be requested to travel within the Iowa and Siouxland region.
12. Must have a general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. Healthstream, internet, etc.)
13. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
14. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values and culture of MercyOne and Trinity Health.
15. Must demonstrate good work habits such as time management, attendance, punctuality, team building, and other behaviors aligned to the Guiding Behaviors of the organization.
MercyOne serves with fidelity to the Gospel as a compassionate, healing ministry of Jesus Christ to transform the health of our communities.
MercyOne will set the standard for a personalized and radically convenient system of health services.
Integrity- We are faithful to who we say we are.
Commitment to the Poor- We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially the most vulnerable.
Compassion- Solidarity with one another, capacity to enter another's joy and sorrow.
Excellence- Preeminent performance, becoming the benchmark, putting forth our personal and professional best.
Justice -We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of the Earth.
Stewardship- We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to our care.
Reverence- We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
Our Cultural Beliefs
I benefit from and strengthen MercyOne.
Your experience. My responsibility.
I own my actions to deliver our key results.
I make improvements every day for those we serve including each other.
I imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Must successfully pass employment physical examination and must adhere to applicable organizational requirements on an annual basis for Employee Health Directives.
2. Must possess the ability to comply with Mercy and Trinity Health policies and procedures.
This job is categorized as "Light Work".Has the physical stamina to meet the requirements of this job. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing. Must be able to handle stress effectively.
5. Must understand and accept the possibility of exposure to environmental elements, internal and external, which may affect the workplace, such as infectious disease, chemical and/or chemical fumes, dust, noise, physical injury from an out of control patient, and adverse effects of inclement weather which may occur.
These essential functions identify the major requirements of the job. They are not an exhaustive list of all job requirements. An employee may be called upon to perform physical actions not specifically identified in this job description.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Inn Keeper Hospitality Services