Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Rochester, New York
Ensure Networks business teams efficiently proceed through the corporate business processes related to the procurement of materials and services. This is achieved through strong collaboration and alignment with corporate departments involved in the Procurement Process (e.g., Procurement, Legal, Insurance, Risk, Process & Technologies, Corporate Security) and the Networks Business Teams subject matter experts (SMEs) and by providing strategy and direction for the PMO Procurement & Contracts department. The department consists of four customer-focused support teams that provide centralized procurement coordination, contract management, material expediting, and framework management.
• Lead multidisciplined teams in support of
o Procurement Coordination to optimize the timing, quality and cost of materials and services needed by Networks to meet its goals including collaborating internally and externally, strategizing for cost saving opportunities, vendor negotiation and management, ensuring regulatory compliance, promoting best practices, ensuring best-in-class processes and results.
o Contract Management to protect the interest of AVANGRID and its customers by minimizing contractual and commercial risk while optimizing AVANGRID's procurement results including collaborating internally and externally, defining large, multidisciplinary contracting strategies and negotiation plans, and ensuring compliance with Legal, Corporate Security, H&S, Risk and Insurance processes and policies. Support the management/mitigation of change order requests.
o Framework Management to support business needs and provide subject matter expertise to Process & Technology during the development and final execution of the Framework Agreement including collaborating internally and externally, ensuring regulatory compliance, promoting best practices to optimize the use of frameworks in AVANGRID's procurement strategy.
o Material Expediting to meet project milestones and avoid delays including acting as the liaison between the business team, Suppliers and Material Management, reserving In-Stock items and securing Non-Stock items tracking and managing of all discrepancies.
• Provide Energizing leadership that promotes a culture of collaboration, efficiency, innovation, and quality across business areas. Promotes continual growth and development to advance business objectives. Ensure consistent, constructive, and clear development and performance feedback mechanisms are established to build and promote a high functioning team focused on the achievement of complex business objectives.
• Communicate and influence all levels of management to inform and influence others, providing strategic input for business plans and decision making. Design and provide wide scale training to internal customers. Prioritize objectives, navigate competing priorities, and mediate cross functional issues.
• Provide strategic leadership working across multiple operating companies and geographic locations to articulate the business needs relative to the procurement of materials and services for the entire portfolio of capital projects across AVANGRID. Provide leadership and facilitate collaborative decision making to minimize contractual and commercial risk while optimizing savings and efficiencies.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree. Master's degree a plus. PMP Certification preferred.
• 7+ years practical experience and working knowledge in Procurement, Material Expediting and/or Contract negotiation and management.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and lead a multidisciplined team responsible for contracting strategies, interpreting complex commercial and legal contract terms and conditions.
• Strong knowledge of industry standards including Electric Transmission, Substation and Distribution, Gas Distribution and Liquid Natural Gas Storage and Conversion.
• Expert knowledge in procurement policies and procedures and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
• Track record of working with suppliers and transportation to expedite the delivery of materials and/or equipment
• Proven ability to successfully manage and influence in highly matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated Excellent oral and written skills including the ability to oversee and/or prepare sufficient documentation for a variety of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability using data and analytics to diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes.
• Significant experience with financial enterprise systems such as SAP.
Loomis Armored US, LLC