Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
The individual in this position carries out routine accounting clerical duties associated with a specific accounting function. Closely supervised, but able to organize own work to meet priorities and achieve deadlines. Non-routine items will involve a supervisor or more senior clerk. Typically requires some office experience and a good understanding of the procedures related to the job and how they fit the overall functioning of the department.
• Process payments, invoices, vouchers, etc. within closely defined procedures
• Verifies calculations, checks or allocates codes, and checks or obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents.
• Scans statements, ledgers, and accounts to identify unusual/overdue items and selects the correct procedure for action, referring more complex items to a supervisor or senior clerk.
• Prepares and/or verifies computer input where information is coded for computer processing.
• May prepare ad-hoc information and statistical breakdowns as directed, from readily available sources.
• May raise standard letters in response to queries.
• May have limited telephone contact with customers and suppliers to exchange information.
• Post invoices into SAP ensuring correct purchase order, cost center or project and account is charged.
• Process accounts payable checks, wire transfer requests, and ACH / IHB files for disbursement.
• Research vendor statements, phone calls and resolve questions and discrepancies while maintaining a professional relationship.
• Maintain accounts payable records, paid invoices and accompanying documentation in a well-organized environment.
• Analyze on a quarterly basis third party vendor activity and summarize for selected accounts including third party accounts payable and goods receipt/invoice receipt accounts for corporate payables.
• Research and clear aged accounts payable and GRIR open items.
• Assist in the execution of year-end 1099 tax reporting.
• Processing SAP check issue and check paid files to and from Deutsche Bank and the In-House Bank.
• Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all banking related transactions related to SAP data entry.
• Ensure procurement of accounts payable related supplies such as check stock, envelopes, invoice jackets, etc.
• Ensure that ICS requirements are adhered to, and all appropriate approvals are obtained.
• Prepare support documentation as required by external and internal audits.
• Participate in projects for improved efficiency including procedure changes, document imaging, improving AP visibility and special projects.
• Back up other areas in the finance department as may be assigned
• 2-4 year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required with 0-4 years of related experience
• Must be able to work in team environment.
• Must pay close attention to detail and meet specific deadline while maintaining a high quality of work.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word, SAP or comparable ERP system experience is a plus, but not required.
Convince us with your skills and strengths - in an experienced team, working on challenging tasks. With our leading-edge technologies and materials, you will have freedom to act and a wide range of development opportunities. Attractive remuneration as well as smart fringe benefits are part of our offer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Pike Electric, Inc.
Pike Electric, Inc.