Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
The position of Production Operator is responsible for monitoring and operation of plant process equipment used in the manufacturing process. The operator evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The operator documents various operating parameters and maintains communication with others inside and outside their department. Operators also monitor maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. This positions receives direction from a supervisor and may receive support from a process specialist, maintenance, and technical personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
• Operate, monitor and troubleshoot equipment used during daily manufacturing
• Perform changeovers and disassemble, assemble, and clean machinery
• Understand and execute daily production run schedules, resolve quality issues, and report any unresolved issues immediately
• Stage packaging area, manually lift and load 55lbs or more of material into equipment, bag/box finished product and prepare for shipment and distribution
• Operate forklift to transport raw materials and finished product to designated areas
• Operate hand tools to effectively degate or deflash materials
• Empty trash and waste into compactor or dumpster
• Raw material management including organizing, handling, weighing and measuring
• Follows standard operating and LOTO procedures for all assigned tasks
• Performs all standard QC tests and accurately record production data
• Performs equipment maintenance tasks (PM'S, troubleshoot, repair, etc.), where applicable.
• Maintain a clean work environment and all tools and equipment are in the proper location and storage units
• Minimum 6 months previous experience in production or manufacturing position; mechanically inclined preferred
• Availability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed
• Must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D. at time of application
• Must submit to pre-employment screening including: employment history verification, background check, physical and urine drug screening.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence, and speak the English language to effectively communicate with supervisors and other team members
• Basic mathematics and computer skills; SAP experience preferred
• Properly follow written and verbal operating and LOTO procedures
• Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
• Ability to multitask and work both independently as well as contribute to teamwork
• Maintain excellent attendance habits
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Stand on feet up to 12 hours
• Ability to perform: walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, and lifting a minimum 55 lbs.
• Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing
• Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include: heat, cold, dust, strong odors, and loud noises with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights and work in confined spaces
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including long pants, long sleeves, steel-toed boots, gloves, hard hat, safety goggles, earplugs, and a respirator are required to be worn
Benefits starting day one:
• Choice of Preferred Provider or Consumer Driven Medical Plan including Prescription Drug Coverage
• Dental, Vision and Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match of 6%
• Retirement (Pension) Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Vacation and Holidays
• Educational Assistance
Great compensation package:
• Starting pay at $21.07 / hour
• Shift differentials ranging from $1.50 to $2.00
• Progressive pay increases and on the job training
• Annual wage increases
• Safety focused organization
• In 2022, we were named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
• Grow personally and professionally
• Work with others to develop innovative solutions
**LIMITED TIME - $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS **$1,000 paid within the 1st month of employment. $1,000 paid after 3 months of successful employment. $3,000 paid after 6 months of successful employment. Effective through 12/31/22.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Nearest Major Market: Toledo
First Solar Inc