Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Location: Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Do you have a passion for making a difference in fellow Nebraskan's lives? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment and can work with limited supervision? If so, the Department of Health and Human Services is looking for you! Apply today and start your first step in an exciting new career where you will be "Helping people live better lives."
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
Schedule: 8AM - 5PM, M-F
Examples of Work
As an EA Office Technician you will:
• Have face to face and telephone interaction with customers of varied socio-economic levels while gathering financial and demographic information
• Performs office support for Economic Assistance and other divisions as needed
• This support involves receiving customers, operating various equipment such as scanning/imaging equipment, multi-line telephones and computers to obtain necessary customer information entering and filing data, searching records, keyboarding, preparing documents for imaging and tying (digitally attach) customer paper and electronic applications
• Reviews received customer applications for services and completeness; inputs required information into program for accessibility by caseworkers; categorizes and indexes documents as they are scanned; performs quality control, inspection and verification of scanned documents; stores paper documents in a prescribed manner so they are retrievable and associated with the correct customer
• Utilizes critical thinking skills connecting customers with the appropriate staff and scheduling appointments in Outlook
• Assists customers in use of the kiosk to access services available through the agency and other appropriate community partners
• Maintains community support updates to provide information to customers and community members concerning the services and resources available through the agency and community partners
• Maintains reception area and interview room orderliness, stocks brochures and keeps applications available. Checks drop box regularly throughout the day
• Various other duties, including: updates daily customer walk-in traffic report. Processes mail. Adheres to policy and procedures to ensure proper flow of customer paperwork. Participates in special projects according to business need.
Qualifications / Requirements
What's Required Of You:
Coursework/training or experience in public contact, customer service, and/or performing and applying office/clerical support procedures, including the use of a personal computer, associated software, and office equipment.
What We Prefer:
• Experience and proficiency using Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Experience and proficiency using NFOCUS
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Specific positions in this class may require an employee to possess a valid driver's license in order to perform work related travel. Position may require long periods of sitting and occasional light lifting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• General office practices and procedures; computer office applications, systems and programs; maintain records and files; scanning/imaging equipment, multi-function copy machines, computers, multi-line telephones and other office equipment; perform repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Effective communication; English grammar and usage; understand human services practices and procedures; accommodate new methods; maintain confidentiality; sharp attention to detail; proofreading skills; accurate keyboarding skills; and predictable and reliable attendance.
State of Nebraska
State of Nebraska