Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Receiving and Distribution and within established hospital and departmental guidelines, the Receiving and Distribution lead materials handler performs a broad range of Receiving and Distribution functions. Including but not limited to, validating incoming receivables both online and paper manifests, assigning and labeling end user locations, processing purchase orders, and coordinating cross-docking of packages with PHS. Responsible for training new staff on delivery protocols, providing quality assurance review of delivered packages, and maintaining delivery statistics for monthly benchmarking reports. Perform all job functions of a material handler.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follows hospital, TJC, DPS, OSHA and CMS guidelines and procedures for handling medical supplies.
• The lead material handler may be present in secure medication storage areas and allowed to handle and distribute medications supplied by the BWH materials management department.
• Receiving - Unload 18-wheelers, 10-wheelers, and box trucks using ride-on power jack and/or hand pallet jack. Review packing slips and delivery manifests to ensure all incoming packages are delivered and received accurately. Inspect the condition and quantity of all incoming deliveries, document and communicate discrepancies with appropriate personnel.
• Processing - Lead validation process for incoming packages, locate end user and label appropriately, process all purchase orders. Using all available resources, accurately enter PO numbers, names of end user and other required information that will enable distribution of med/surg supplies. Verify quantity delivered vs. PO stated amount, referencing packing slips and delivery manifests. Requires the use of automated receiving modules, Partners Directory, PeopleSoft system and other software applications. This may include contacting the vendor or sender.
• Documentation - ensure that all handhelds are uploaded with current information and delivery log information is available for material handlers, record daily receipts for reporting purposes and ensure phone messages are legible and accurately documented. Work with materials handlers to ensure that delivery documentation is appropriately uploaded and/or filed between deliveries and at the end of the shift and are readily available.
• Delivery - accurately stage and prioritize delivery of med/surg receivables and other hospital related deliveries. Maintain a high level of delivery accuracy, re-routing deliveries as needed. This may include hazardous materials, perishables, specimens, time sensitive documents, food, furniture and equipment. Work with PHS Transport to cross-dock packages both within BWH and other PHS entities.
• Customer Service - foster an accessible and user friendly environment, acting as a liaison for our internal and external customers. Effectively communicates the department's services, hospital's Policies and Procedures, assists with inquiries, resolutions, and accurate handling of returns and ship outs.
• Cleanliness/Safety - complete delegated cleaning assignments and tours as needed. Ensure that the work environment is clean and safe, reporting discrepancies to supervisor. Demonstrate the ability to identify potential hazards and communicate to supervisor and coworkers.
• Training - train staff new to position and cross-train staff on various job functions relative to Receiving and Distribution. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and competency to do any job function within department.
• High School diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Basic mathematical and reading skills.
• Must have technical knowledge of distribution and vendor relationships.
• Must have the ability to operate power equipment.
• Must have general customer service and problem resolution skills.
• Database and PC application skills required.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
• On feet most of 8 hour shift.
• Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.)
• Must be able push/pull 400 lbs. using flat bed (manual); 800 lbs. using pallet jack (manual).
• Some hazards associated with soiled linen, needles.
• Must have the ability to adjust to operational changes including service and schedule changes.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
The Judge Group Inc.
The Judge Group Inc.
The HEICO Companies, LLC
The Judge Group Inc.