Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
About the job:
At Mass General Brigham patients are the center of our work. As an innovative integrated health care system we are dedicated to enhancing patient care, teaching and research, and serving our communities. As leaders in healthcare we unite great minds to solve the hardest problems in medicine. To learn more about our mission, vision, and values and how we are United Against Racism, please visit our website.
About the Team
The Finance Enterprise Services team provides key functional accounting and financial support to the system, including hospitals and other healthcare organizations. You'll be joining a dynamic team of subject matter experts that are mission driven, collaborative and passionate about providing accurate financial reporting and value added analysis in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. As part of the Controller's team, you'll join a larger cohort under Finance Operations, which plays an intricate and vital role in fulfilling our mission at Mass General Brigham Enterprise Services.
Why your skills are important?
The International Tax Analyst will synthesize tax guidance acquired from third-party tax advisors and advise business leaders on tax implications of contemplated arrangements and transactions. This position will collaborate with all levels of the organization to ensure tax implications are considered and tax compliance processes are in place when needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Interpret international and domestic tax guidance from tax and legal firms. And draws upon personal tax expertise to provide guidance to business teams on how best to act upon third-party information.
• Define tax compliance and due diligence needs and establish a process for optimally meeting these needs.
• Handle tax-related components of a global compliance checklist, advising on risks/issues and recommending mitigations as needed.
• Ensure tax filings and other requirements are fulfilled, working with and through third-party tax firms as necessary.
• Prepare tax forms and filings and calculate tax liability (including VAT/GST) and withholding amounts (e.g., for client invoices), collaborating with external vendors as needed.
• Develop and maintain an organized knowledge library containing completed vendor agreements, standard methodologies/SOPs, records of reference materials/reports/guidance supplied by external vendors, etc.
• Be responsible for the operation of the Foreign National Payments to Contractors process and ensure proper tax withholding is applied as needed and work with Mass General Brigham Payroll to make sure there is accurate, timely and complete reporting at year end on Forms 1042-S and 1042.
• Support the Tax Department as needed in certain domestic tax compliance projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required
• CPA and Master of Science in Tax, J.D. in Taxation or related concentration preferred
• 3-5 years of public accounting experience and/or progressive international tax experience required
• Previous experience in a healthcare, higher education, or international consulting environment preferred
• Extensive experience working with international tax advisors and vendors preferred
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels within and external to the organization
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
• Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
• No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
• No direct budgetary responsibility
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
• Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
• Remote or hybrid work options possible
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Home for Little Wanderers