Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: Seattle, Washington
Sr. Facility Manager
Job Description Summary
This role is positioned on-site in Seattle/Bellevue.
This position has managerial oversight of multiple facilities including but not limited to depending on business needs - Washington, Oregon, Vancouver CAN, Calgary CAN - an entire campus, or a portfolio of client facilities and has at least one Facilities Manager and/or Assistant Facilities Manager reporting into it. The Senior Facilities Manager has the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities, placing maximum emphasis on leading a staff in the positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the goals and objectives of the client. The position is the primary liaison with the client and leads staff in the coordination of services and activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations. The Senior Facilities Manager also has responsibility for the overall financial and KPI performance of the business plan within the respective portfolio.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee day-to-day operations of facilities, high rise or campus ensuring that all services are effectively delivered and facility needs are met including custodial, life-safety, engineering and general maintenance. Ensure that staff implements and provides these services in a manner consistent with C&W policies and ownership directives
• Manage service contracts cost effectively. Responsible for all aspects of service delivery pursuant to these contracts, responsible for periodic and ongoing performance and financial review, conducting RFP's, and assuring payments and invoicing match contract pricing. Initiate audit & control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
• Lead the facility management team in the supervision of maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance and operation of the facilities
• Ensure that facility management staff consistently provides positive and prompt response to requests from the client and building tenants/occupants
• Ensure facility management staff implements ongoing contract review programs to constantly assess client, tenant and occupant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the tenant, owner and the properties
• Prepare and deliver consolidated reporting and reviews of all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex
• Develop, prepare and explain the annual facility budget, quarterly forecasts, and business plans
• Assist in development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five- year plan of maintenance, facility improvement and cost reduction initiatives
• Coordinate the collection, analysis and reporting by the facility management team of statistical data and analysis to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives, work order productivity, cost savings and improvements. Review work order metrics and system to identify service gaps and recurring issues and provide corrective actions
• Approve all positions and direct the hiring, training and motivational activities of the facility management staff. Responsible for effective and proactive employee relations with all site staff. Conduct and approve all performance evaluations of facility management staff
• Manage and drive customer focus within all areas of operational activities and ensure that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
• Drive innovation through the development of best practices, operational and service efficiency as well as the identification of industry trends and tools that would contribute to our operational excellence goals
• Ensure that facility management staff require all tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Technical Proficiency
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Customer Focus
5. Financial Management
7. Relationship Management
8. Team Orientation
9. Vendor Management
• Bachelors degree in Facilities Management, Corporate Real Estate, Project Management or Business Administration required
• Minimum of 8-10 years of facility management experience with at least 3 years at the level of Facility Manager
• Experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management
• Experience with human resource and performance management processes
• Experience with critical system environments preferred
• CMMS/Work Order Management experience preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Certified Facility Manager (CFM), International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications preferred
• Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract language
• Ability to read and understand construction specifications, blueprints, and single line diagrams
• Skilled in Building Management Systems maintenance and monitoring
• Excellent computer and systems knowledge; Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting and forecasting
• Knowledge of Financial Systems (Yardi a plus)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.