Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
Location: Alabaster, Alabama
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
J ob Summary
Supervises production operations in the Final Inspect department during 1st shift.
• Supervise workers that operate production machinery, assemble items, perform quality control or package goods for shipment
• Notify maintenance or engineering departments when equipment requires maintenance or repair
• Monitor output of assigned area(s) against established schedules or quality goals
• Coordinate the flow of work through the department and ensure that department has sufficient levels of inventory to meet demand and is staffed appropriately
• Complete all necessary documents fully and accurately
• Adhere to 5S standards (e.g., maintain cleanliness of work area, etc.)
• Follow all Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
• Possess expert knowledge of the field's policies, procedures and practices
• Perform work with a high degree of latitude
• Lead and direct the work of other employees
• Typically have full authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance or disciplinary actions
• Provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group
• Typically require accreditation from a technical school or an applicable skilled trades program and 3 or more years of experience
• Strong communication skills
• to work as part of a team
• Decision-making skills
• Problem/situation analysis
• Project management skills
• Planning skills
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
Martin Marietta Materials