Job Description: RESPONSIBILITIES Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide professional work experiences that are significant and meaningful to your career and academic goals; enable you to explore the fascinating and unique world of intelligence; and give you the opportunity to serve your country? The NSA Summer Internship - Business offers training and experience within a multi-faceted organization that is not only focused on STEM opportunities, but also the business related opportunities. With this program you will be able to attend various operational tours within Workforce Support organizations around NSA to fully appreciate what the agency does in defense of our nation.
If you are familiar with NSA's individual internal programs, please apply to this advertisement if you are interested in the following internships:
- Business Management & Acquisition (BM&A) Summer Intern Program
- Human Resources Summer Intern Program
- Office of the Inspector General Summer Intern Program
***PLEASE NOTE: You can find descriptions for each program listed above at the following link: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/NSA/nsastudents.html PAY BENEFITS & WORK SCHEDULE - Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
- Students who attend school in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket. Travel reimbursement will not be provided to our location in Hawaii.
- Daily transportation to and from work is NOT provided. Students participating in the program are highly encouraged to bring a vehicle. Carpooling with other students MAY be available, but is NOT guaranteed.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA's main HQs campus. Housing accommodations are NOT provided for any of our field sites. POSITION SUMMARY Personnel assigned to Support Services are on the front lines of delivering the best in customer service, technical support, administrative and management services. From Office Assistants to Sign Language Interpreters, these personnel serve as the focal points for organizations that require assistance with operational and administrative issues, records management, journalistic ideas, products and services and the coordination of reasonable accommodations and education. HOW TO APPLY To apply for this position, please click the `Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the `Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for our summer internships, your application package is not considered complete until the following items have been emailed to SummerInterns@uwe.nsa.gov in addition to your online application.
- Official transcript (unofficial will be accepted if legible)
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members or supervisors who can speak directly to your educational background
- PDF copy of your current resume
- Cover Letter (Optional) listing your interest in NSA's summer internships
***IMPORTANT: This is a skills-based ad, not an ad for a specific internship. This means that you could be contacted and/or considered for more than one specific internship.
***PLEASE NOTE: Applications are accepted 1 September - 31 October, however, selections for this program are made on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as practical to allow sufficient time for review and security clearance processing.
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions about NSA Summer Internships, please contact us at SummerInterns@uwe.nsa.gov or call us at 410-854-4726.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
The NSA is committed to cultural diversity in its workplace.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility. DCIPS Disclaimer The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority. recblid 3ld2l4mf2zhxfrfxofdxxs24xg5nhb