Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Sunnyvale, California
We are seeking a well-rounded Senior Software Engineer to join our Advanced Product Development team. Our group works at the intersection of R&D and product engineering, seeking innovative ways to bring deep analytics, intelligent workflow automation and decision-support capabilities into Intuitive's digital products that help surgeons, Operating Room staff and diagnostic care teams do their work better. We focus on continuously delivering timely innovations for a strategic portfolio of digital products.
You will make a real impact by building Minimally Viable Products (MVPs) that deliver sought-after core capabilities to early-adopter customers, iteratively refining the MVPs to clarify their value proposition and explore the main features. This is not an R&D role. You will be expected to develop solutions that are mature enough to be deployed in pilot clinical settings within a relatively short period. The ideal candidate would be someone who has solid, hands-on experience in several key technical areas and can effectively leverage those skills and knowledge to build practical MVPs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Design and build prototypes and Minimally-Viable Products
● Find opportunities to leverage mature in-house innovations developed by internal R&D and other engineering teams
● Develop scalable and robust analytics and data-processing platforms to facilitate insight generation, make recommendations and/or automate key elements of business processes
● Develop technical requirements, design and other artifacts to support product development
● Troubleshoot product issues that have been escalated to engineering
● Diligently apply and promote engineering best practices
Skills, Characteristics, and Technology:
● Track record of delivering interactive, data-rich software systems in the field, ideally in healthcare settings
● Work with high levels of independence and technical ownership
● Knack for efficiently finding and combining appropriate technologies to solve tough engineering problems, with a keen sense of what's "good enough" for a Minimally Viable Product
● Expertise in one or more of the following:
- image/video processing, object detection, salient feature detection, scene understanding
- designing Voice User Interfaces for noisy environments, training/fine-tuning acoustic models
- integrating Machine Learning / Deep Learning models into applications (bonus if you can design them too)
- human-in-the-loop ML workflow design, active learning
- porting algorithms into resource-constrained hardware
● Proficient in building diverse software applications/platforms: full-stack Web, native client GUI apps, real-time stream processing, microservices
● Solid experience programming in 2 or more of the following: Python, C#, C/C++, Go, Scala, Java
● Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field, with), or at least 5 or more years of industry experience
● Proficient in a variety of building-block technologies: AWS / GCP / Azure cloud services, relational databases (e.g., MS SQL, Snowflake), distributed processing and no-SQL technologies (e.g., Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis), Docker
● Well-versed in software engineering tools and best practices: design patterns, CI/CD, Git or similar source control, testing, Test Driven Development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : None
Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield