Posted in Admin - Clerical 4 days ago.
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
We are Alsco Uniforms. We’ve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It’s our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We’d love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The HR/Office Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager & HR Manager for daily processing of company business transactions. This position may be assigned one or more clerical tasks as needed. Some of those tasks may include hourly payroll processing and other HR duties & Accounts Payables other clerical duties to include keypunching for routes, filing, some customer service or a variety of like tasks. Performs other tasks as needed.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Accurate and timely computer data entry.
- Accounts Payables
- Assisting with New Hire processing
- Hourly payroll processing
- Excellent communication skills whether in person or through phone calls.
- Participate in office training, cross train in office functions.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for reporting
- Perform tasks such as reconciliations, daily deposits, Customer master maintenance, daily revenue calculation, daily branch journal, Branch item maintenance, bank statements, fixed asset reports, accrual reconciliations, property and sales tax reporting, A/P, A/R.
- Printing and organizing daily paperwork for routes, use postage meter, computer back-ups, customer billing.- Filing
- Perform other office functions as needed.
- Demonstrated good computer experience or ability to learn quickly is necessary
- Experience with data entry and adding machine
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction.
- High school graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of sitting and standing in the company office. Walking, sitting, talking, hearing, speaking, pulling, pushing, occasional lifting of boxes up to 25 lbs., filing, stooping, stoop, reaching, fine dexterity.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- This is an industrial laundry facility. Employee may be exposed to variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust if in the plant, but will only be working in typical indoor offices.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit alsco.com/benefits.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Office & Administration