Posted in General Business 2 days ago.
Location: Midland, Texas
Overview: Performs maintenance and repair activities on gas compression and/or process equipment, at customer's location, as directed. Acts as a subject matter expert for equipment in assigned area. Mentors and teaches company maintenance standards.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate expert diagnostic, highly efficient troubleshooting, tap root investigation and repair skills on multiple types of equipment including compressor packages, gas process and power generation equipment used within the region
- Perform any scheduled or unscheduled maintenance with no technical assistance
- Write up a detailed report
- Lead a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and MOB / DEMOB projects to standard with no assistance
- Perform compressor calculations
- Provide expert level customer service and effectively communicate complex issues to customer
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Model all health, safety and environmental procedures
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs (Cat, Waukesha, Ariel, Murphy, etc.), Internet Explorer and Outlook
- Lead by example by completing and submitting company required documentation in an accurate, thorough and timely fashion and following standard protocols
- Expert and intricate knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, controls, skid wiring, etc., through advanced training or performance verification
- Knowledge of mechanical / electro-mechanical failure analysis and investigation
- Fully understands customer’s facilities / production equipment and how they work
- Fully understands all processes and systems used in the region and how they work regardless of types, makes or models
- Knowledge of company maintenance standards checklist and ability to accurately and completely follow
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training preferred.
- Typically at least 10 years experience in gas compression
- Demonstrated history of successful and safe service experience
- Expected to serve as a resource to others for knowledge transfer, training and checking work
- May occasionally lead a crew or temporarily fill in for Lead FST
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to WorkSaver Systems Critical Demands for full details
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as required by role)
- Constantly required to display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms
- Constantly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit while driving or using a PC
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and twist with good balance
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds
- Occasionally required to carry at least 40 pounds with one hand for at least 10 feet
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and vertical ladders
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus