Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Billings, Montana
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, is responsible for coordinating clerical and administrative support functions within the Surgery Department to include logs, records and manual maintenance, establishing essential records and databases, inputting data into computer for scheduling, charge entry, in-service time, statistical data, etc. Appropriately interacts with physicians, patients, family and staff. Supports unit activities to ensure smooth functioning of the area.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the OR information system's functionality and structure. Understands the implications of the data and how the data is utilized. Participates in maintaining the integrity of the system data. Develops and maintains records and files in an organized manner. Utilizes computer system to maintain a variety of logs and information databases, schedule procedures, input charges, document in-service time for staff, input and retrieve statistical data, etc. Duties include equipment maintenance.
• Designs and produces documents, forms, reports and data graphs for projects and programs based on needs identified by the staff and/or leadership. Duties include data gathering, database extractions, and data analysis for various projects and preparation of a variety of reports and data graphs requiring independent judgment with minimal supervision.
• Provides routine administrative and secretarial support to the department staff including answering of two incoming telephone lines and call coordination, surgery scheduling, file management.
• Communicates appropriately with customers to identify concerns and issues, investigates and coordinates resolution of non-routine problems. Initiates appropriate follow-up to ensure that all matters requiring attention are addressed promptly and efficiently. Refers more complex problems to the Clinical Coordinators, Manager or Director as appropriate.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own professional growth and development; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.