Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
We are Alsco Uniforms. We’ve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It’s our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We’d love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The District Manager is responsible to meet or exceed Service goals in the management of a district of routes. Reports to the Service Manager. A DM may manage a service center and if the service center has more than 7 routes, the DM becomes classified as a Senior DM.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Develop and motivate a district to be a highly productive team through continual training, regular meetings, daily check-in, fostering a positive work environment, route rides, and building strong relationships with each RSR.
- Ensure customer loyalty and outstanding customer service through customer visits, audits, new installs, problem solving, open communication and negotiating with customers.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed in their district, including safety and Service SOP.
- Manage retention and growth by motivating their district to solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix. Monitor and report competitive activity. Oversee promotions, contests and continued excellent customer relationships.
- Leading their district to success, communicate changes and policies, oversee route organization, project a professional image and require of their district likewise, and cooperatively work with other departments in the branch.
- Complete general route responsibilities when necessary. Safely operate a delivery vehicle, following all applicable laws and company policy.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- A Senior DM performs the above functions as well as oversees a service center. This includes securing the facility, managing inventory to ensure sufficient supply for routes, overseeing deposits and paperwork, communicating effectively with the processing plant.
- Work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License, keep a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, comprehend and follow direction and good time management skills and team player.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- High School graduation or similar experience. Qualified to hold a drivers license.
- Frequently within the branch area.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, working in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements - sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, moving equipment, kneeling, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit alsco.com/benefits.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Centra Health, Inc.