Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota
Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 5993
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Sr. Extrusion Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing the Maple Grove, MN site with technical support and operating knowledge for our medical extrusion operation, with a focus on medical plastic extrusion. This person will take the lead role in extrusion engineering functions which includes validating and troubleshooting processes, identifying and implementing process improvements, managing projects, and expanding extrusion capabilities. The engineer will work with cross-functional value-stream teams to solve issues and evaluate potential new business. In addition, this individual may be part of development teams to assist with the design and development of new production lines and projects moving through the Product Development Process. This is a hands-on role which requires on-site support and managing other employees
• Support, troubleshoot, implement, improve and validate medical-grade plastic extrusion production lines.
• Participate in timely disposition of non-conformances, root cause investigations, and CAPA actions related to materials, methods, operators, equipment, and manufacturing environment
• Serve as technical expert for specified existing process/product technologies as well as new technologies as they transfer from Process Development into manufacturing
• Assist with production management in planning of and implementing the necessary technical changes required to sustain adequate production line capacity
• Ensure specific product line equipment is sustained in a functionally acceptable state and available to production when needed
• Create as required and sustain manufacturing procedures, RTs, and product structure BOMs that are accurate, complete, identify safety critical processes, and represent current approved best practices
• Ensure production specific metrics, such as yield, efficiency, etc. are met and sustained
• Perform detailed time studies and spending significant time observing the line, equipment, and product flow.
• Execute and complete improvement projects following applicable Teleflex business processes that either improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, or reduce cost
• Lead and support a team of Engineer and Technicians.
• Lead small/short term projects
• Ensure company policies and procedures are followed and proactively correcting and/or creating policies and procedures, including business and quality processes.
Education / Experience Requirements
• BA/BS in Engineering or relevant field
• 5 years of experience in extrusion manufacturing enviornment, preferably in a medical device setting
• Experience in medical plastic extrusion for medical applications highly desirable
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Enhanced ability to resolve problems and interpret complex mechanical or elctro-mechanical drawings
• Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ and P/DFMECA
• Knowledge of Lean Principles and Design of Experiments preferred
• Ability to manage work to meet tight timelines
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative, adapt learn and complete tasks with minimal direction
• Works within budgetary guidelines of projects
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.