Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
Location: San Diego, California
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class-while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2020 revenue of $1.9B, a growth of 30% versus 2019. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The platform architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analysing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and targeted architectures to support that vision
• The platform architect is responsible for taking a practical approach to supporting the business. This starts and ends with a focus on delivering production-ready enterprise application platform architectures and actionable recommendations to business leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
• The platform architect is hired in both a technical and leadership capacity. They lead the formal Platform Architecture for Enterprise Applications program, while leading a team of engineers (business, information, solution, technical and other) in a direct, indirect, or dotted line capacity.
• Develop strategic platform roadmaps in alignment with business objectives, estimate total costs of ownership, develop business cases and proposals.
• Manage implementation of projects from inception to operations using proven methodologies and practices
• Continually improve existing capabilities to enhance customer experience and maximize value of investments
• Establish business and technical outcome-oriented platform architecture standards and practises that include agile architecture review board as well as diagnostic and actionable deliverables that help business guide investment decisions in support of executing business strategy.
• Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints that are aligned with the Information Technology strategy
• Research new innovations in the market and cloud services to improve our platforms. Perform technology and product assessments to recommend changes to our target architecture and roadmap.
• Work with technical teams to lead the development of POCs or pilots to evaluate and test new technologies/services/capabilities. Help drive a culture of "continuous learning" and "fail fast".
• Experience leading, directing, and controlling a complex, highly technical operation or organization
• Experience migrating IT infrastructure and application platforms into a cloud environment
• Knowledge of business concepts, and an understanding of the links between major business processes, products, systems, and networks
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and the ability to apply those technologies to business needs
• Partner with project, product, Infrastructure, and InfoSec to design cloud-based application architectures that can deliver resiliency, performance and safety that is required by the process and organization.
• Ability to lead, prioritize and develop the overall platform architecture approach for the organization, and communicate architectural direction.
• Develop practice for real-time predictive analytics and machine learning on operational and business data captured on our event bus to enable new business opportunities
• Mentor existing team members by imparting expert knowledge to build a high-performing team in our NextGen technologies
• Strong knowledge in architecture principles and design patterns of distributed systems in public clouds (GCP/AWS/Azure/OCI), with specific experience in OCI and associated cloud services is highly desirable
• Seven or more years of experience in both architecture and implementation of engineered platforms hosting and managing Oracle Enterprise Application Suites such as Oracle Database, E-Business Suite, Application Express, OBIEE, and Hyperion.
• Seven or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multi-tier environment
• Five or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
• Experience with cloud automation/orchestration/release and CICD/DevOps toolsets such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Git, CircleCI or Jenkins.
• Working knowledge of OCI application specific automation tools such as EBS Cloud Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Operations Management Suite, and Oracle Application Management Suite.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, and utilizing data structures such as XML and JSON
• Experience with Full-stack architecture and operations. Starting with Infrastructure at all levels and moving through the Network, OS, Application, Middleware, and Database levels. Including application-level customization and development.
• Working knowledge of Application Integration frameworks such as SOA, PubSub, and Enterprise Message Bus. Also working knowledge of cloud supported application integration frameworks such as OIC and Apache Kafka
• Experience with calling cloud API's to perform custom automations using REST
• Working knowledge of native OCI cloud operations frameworks
• Experience with monitoring system infrastructure along with related components using cloud-enabled technologies such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Redis/MemCache, etc.
• Proven track record of successfully collaborating with business customers, engineers, QA and business analysts within a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
• Strong (written & spoken) communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to influence outcomes
• Good verbal & written communication skills with ability to document implementations using MS-Word, Excel and Visio for presentations in PowerPoint or similar tools
• Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of all components of holistic platform architecture
• Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
• Organizationally savvy, and understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics
• Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
• Ability to translate business needs into Platform Architecture requirements
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of Platform Architecture alternatives
• Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative consulting manner to drive the organization's digital business strategies
• Understand and speak the language of the business
• Influential in the organization and a team player
• Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
• Trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders
• Comfortable, experienced and accomplished at working with business executives, and able to push back in a professional and diplomatic way
• Highly collaborative and supportive of business and of its ideals and strategies
• Vendor- and technology-neutral - more interested in business outcomes than in personal, or those business and IT leaders with vested personal preferences
• Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals
• Practical in approach to decision making and problem solving that is principle-based
• 10+ years' experience as a senior architect having delivered global IT solutions for large scale infrastructure, cloud, and application deployments.
• Strong experience in an Agile/ Scrum Development Environment, specifically with providing architectural support into Agile teams and driving architectural spikes.
• Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment as an architect
• Experience with other Cloud environments such as GCP or AWS
• Proficiency in understanding and identifying opportunities in how to leverage ML and AI to enhance IT operations at all levels of the platform lifecycle.
• Four year degree in Computer Science or other technology related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
Guild Mortgage Company LLC
Keep Your Seats Filled
Keep Your Seats Filled