Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Sebring, Florida
Mammography Technologist AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Routinely examines requisitions, patient reports and previous films. If available, prior to mammographic examinations, for awareness of information such as: procedure requested, patient’s condition, patient history, and any other special notes or comments
• Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed
• Demonstrates competency in the selection of proper positioning and technical factors in digital mammography to demonstrate appropriate anatomical structures and possible corresponding pathology
• Uses accepted ACR/MQSA and departmental standards of positioning and image quality of mammograms
• Knows ACR QA/QC manual and demonstrates ability to perform these tests regularly as required
• Knows MQSA Quality Standards for Mammographers and maintains education units as required. By MQSA. State License, And ARRT
• Accurately documents all procedures and patient’s clinical history that is pertinent to the mammographic examination
• Regularly practices aseptic techniques as necessary; after each patient, always keeps equipment clean and disinfected according to manufacturer’s standards; maintains orderliness in area of responsibility
• Practices sterile technique as necessary, when assisting Radiologist during stereotactic biopsies
• Always demonstrates an awareness of radiation safety procedures for self and others by using radiation safety devices according to government and departmental policy
• Regularly checks equipment, accessories, and supplies; keep area stocked at all times.
• Maintains patient’s confidentiality and demonstrates respect for patient’s modesty at all times
• Knows and maintains institutional policies regarding patient care, fire, safety, and infection control
• Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of patients served (adult, geriatric) and maintains knowledge of the development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients
• Performs other duties as assignedQualifications
What You Will Need:
Performs Mammographic imaging procedures. Assists Radiologist in performance of Biopsies and other procedures. Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Obtains patient’s history. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.