Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
The career level process engineer, able to work autonomously with occasional guidance from supervision. Skilled in equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence, and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities necessary to produce parts. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where creativity and initiative is exercised as well as independent judgment.
As a Paint Process engineer in the Rotational Programyou will rotate through a series of positions and assignments in plant sought to cultivate development and to educate. These positions are hands-on and engaging. You will learn problem solving on the fly, to work collaboratively with many members of the team, and be able to flex your creative muscles.
Paint Process Engineer
• Programming of manufacturing technology
• Analyze product, process, and technology to craft best methods to paint & assemble
vehicles, and protect the manufacturing process
• Recommend and validate improvement for existing processes
• Develop tools to improve program/project management
• Support development of cybersecurity tools for manufacturing
• Assists in the design and building of tools and equipment
• Assists maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
• Troubleshoots special maintenance and equipment problems
• Coordinates machinery upgrade projects
Global Manufacturing Engineering Vehicle Systems - Paint Engineer
• Responsible for value-added systems from exit of Body Shop through shipping
of finished vehicle
• Develop and Validate new Manufacturing Technologies and BOE for Automation, Paint, and General Assembly Shops
• Design and Develop Processes, Machine & Equipment and Tools for 50+ Assembly Plants, and approximately 30 launches each year globally
• Develop, Validate, and Maintain Common Conveyance Systems and Controls
• Support Development, Validation, and Maintenance Practices of Cybersecurity
Technology to create a secure factory
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to reduce energy and waste globally.
Job locations in various plant locations throughout the U.S.A. and sometimes at the Manufacturing Engineering Headquarters in Warren, MI. The U.S. Plant locations may include:
Lake Orion, MI
Fort Wayne (Roanoke), IN
Bowling Green, KY
Spring Hill, TN
Some travel may be required.
Additional Job Description
- Possess or currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering, Robonautics or Robotics, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Controls Engineering, Controls Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Automotive/Automation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Safety, Management, Material Science/Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Organizational Development, Production Engineering, and Supply Chain
- Graduating between April 2021-June 2022
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
• Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to experimental design and process development
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability todistillcomplex subjects to a wider audience
• Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
• High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
• Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
• Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
The Judge Group Inc.