Description of work to be performed:
- Learn manufacturing processes.
- Learn how to set up machines for manufacturing.
- Problem solve and make parts to support production.
- Reads blueprints, sketches and drawings.
- Operate manual/CNC lathes, mills and other machine shop equipment to support production processes.
- Inspect parts using a variety of inspection equipment (micrometer, indicator, comparator)
- Needs to be able to work in both the machine shop and office environments.
- Responsible for adhering to safety and housekeeping guidelines.
- 2-5 Years work experience in metal working, machining, fabrication, welding, military, electrical, chemical or mechanic jobs suggested (knowledge of tolerances, reading blueprints, processing, etc.).
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to work without constant supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to use inspection equipment