Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas
Howmet Aerospace's Wichita Falls, TX facility has an opening for Caster/Mold Handlers.
Howmet is a world leader in the investment casting industry and is a leading supplier of superalloys, aluminum, and titanium components for aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation applications. Our Wichita Falls location is on the front edge of the rapid growth in the aerospace and turbine industries. For more information, visit www.howmet.com . Follow @howmet: Twitter , Instagram , Facebook , LinkedIn and YouTube .
This is an off shift position. Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
Responsible for operation of casting unit; melts and pours into ceramic molds using induction or vacuum induction furnaces according to critical, prescribed written instructions and procedures. Caster/Mold Handler may not move for two (2) years unless movement is a promotion within the department.
Works under general supervision and the direction of a caster to remove molds from the preheat furnace, properly position in a timely manner for casting, perform wrap application, dewaxing, repair, and mold inspect and perform all post-cast operations specified.
Works with a mold-handler and at times performs the mold-handling operation to preheat ceramic molds and melt alloy to pour into the preheated molds.
2. Operates casting unit to melt charge, either manually or utilizing autocast system; monitors melt visually and ascertains temperatures with pyrometer, or immersion thermo- couple.
3. Directs mold handler to convey mold from preheat furnace to casting unit.
4. Monitors and records casting parameters required in casting log and computer.
5. Confirms correct alloy identification and casting sequence of molds.
6. Warns mold handler of broken or leaking molds.
7. Supplies mold handler with alloy identification tags and notifies mold handler of any "capping" material required on molds.
8. Manually pours or adjusts and initiates auto pour of melted charges.
9. Removes and installs induction crucibles.
10. Cleans casting unit along with the inner walls of the melt chamber.
11. Keeps updated on all Activity Instructions.
12. Independent judgment is often required when performing job duties.
13. Considerable care and attention is required while operating the casting unit.
14. Assists in minor equipment maintenance.
15. Expected to lead a team of foundry service operators and mold handlers to perform to a given scheduled supplied by the Supervisor.
16. Complies with all EHS rules related to the work environment.
17. Works Overtime when needed.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MOLD HANDLER
1. Read all available instructions and assist caster to cast molds in accordance with established techniques and specific instructions on the Product Criteria, Mold Sheet
or Activity Instructions.
2. Requires concentration for short periods of time when assisting in the acquisition of the proper alloy, checks preheattemperatures, handles the molds from the preheat furnace and again after casting, and accomplishes all specific post-cast operations (Hexamine, mold stripping, exothermic application and vermiculite encapsulation).
3. Particularly responsible for proper mold positioning, lower chamber cleaning, and the control of variables affecting solidification and mold cooling.
4. Moves empty, hot furnace trays, changes and cleans door gaskets, performs heavy housekeeping required in department, and assists in minor equipment
5. Notifies caster of any torn wraps, bumped or leaking molds.
6. Periodically required to load ovens.
7. Keep updated on new methods on improvements.
8. Must follow all safety practices and procedures.
9. Locates scheduled work, moves trucks to proper workstation.
10. Ensures molds are kept clean in each area.
11. Seals molds at dewax or mold inspection with either ceramic disk or rubber cap.
12. Monitors operation of equipment and temperature controls.
13. Must follow Work Instructions and Activity Instructions that govern each job task.
14. Inspects and repairs molds.
15. Prepares solutions and maintains supplies.
16. Cuts required kaowool and rollboard.
17. Wraps molds per Process Releases/Product Criteria.
18. Must be able to operate the required piece of mobile equipment for this area.
19. Machines and work area are to be kept clean and in orderly condition. Supervisor is to be notified immediately of equipment or machinery malfunctions.
20. Completes necessary paperwork as required.
21. Verifies mold counts and paperwork correctness on lot travelers, or serial numbers at each operation.
22. Loads molds in preheat oven.
23. Performs other duties as required.
24. Complies with all EHS rules related to the work environment.
25. Works Overtime when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
Employee is required to execute the following:
Farmer Brothers Co.