Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The CRNA is responsible for thepre-operative, intra-operative, and immediate post-operative care of thepatient requiring anesthesia for surgical, medical, therapeutic or diagnosticprocedures. This care includes, but is not limited to, pre-operativeassessments, anesthetic care plans, assembly and care of specialized equipment;application, insertion and interpretation of data from anesthetic monitors;airway management; delivery of general, regional anesthesia, and monitoredanesthetic care; induction, maintenance, and emergence of the patient; care ofthe patient in the immediate post-operative setting; and post-operativeassessments in collaboration with a physician member of the Department ofAnesthesiology. These services are rendered in our 16 main operatingrooms.
The following list of anesthesia and related services should be utilized todelineate the clinical responsibilities of the individual who can demonstratenew or continued competency. More clinical responsibilities may be added asadditional education and experience is obtained by the individual practitioner.
• Pre-anesthesia assessment
• Requesting laboratory/diagnostic studies
• Pre-anesthetic medication
• General anesthesia and adjuvant drugs
• Regional anesthesia monitoring
• Sedation techniques
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation management
• Invasive and noninvasive placement and monitoring
• Airway management techniques
• Mechanical ventilation/oxygen therapy
• Fluid, electrolyte, acid-base management
• Blood, blood products, plasma expanders
• Peripheral intravenous/arterial catheter placement
• Acute and chronic pain therapy
• Select, administer, and reconcile medications in accordance with Federal,State and hospital policies.
• Post anesthesia care/discharge
• Seeks physician direction based on patient condition
• Must adhere to I.C.A.R.E Standards
Anesthesia care is given in the main operating rooms of the Brigham and Women'sFaulkner Hospital, or its affiliating institutions, as well as severaldesignated "Out of OR" locations, which are, for example, Radiology, CardiacCath Lab, CT, MRI, MRT, Endoscopy, Angiography, among others. These locationsare often geographically far from the main ORs.
In these environments, work proceeds in an atmosphere that includes many formsof electrical, mechanical, gas driven, and radiation and laser emittingequipment. The environment can be warm, cold, dimly lit and crowded as well asspacious and well lit.
Schedule: 40 Hours,
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brighamand Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171 bed non-profit, community teachinghospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the ArnoldArboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a longhistory of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offeringcomprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women'sFaulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families,which is why we've been nationally recognized for our best practices in patientcare, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you're looking for more than acareer, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it bettercare. Our employees call it home.
Basic qualifications for the CRNAapplicant for clinical privileges shall include:
1. State licensure as a registered professional nurse. Compliance withMassachusetts regulatory requirements regulating advanced practice for nurseanesthesia.
2. Graduation from a program of Nurse Anesthesia education accredited by theNational Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists(NBCRNA) or its predecessor.
3. Certification by the Council on Certification or recertification by theCouncil on Recertification or their respective predecessors.
4. Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)certification.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
TPR Education, LLC
TPR Education, LLC