Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: Middleborough, Massachusetts
McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Receiving general direction from the Security Supervisor, incumbent ensures a safe and secure environment; provides protective service and response for protection of the people and property of the Hospital; is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation of Department. Security officers may be scheduled in any location.
• Provide protection to people and property through patrol, investigation, monitoring alarms and surveillance cameras.
• Patrol buildings and grounds, identify unsafe conditions and improperly secured areas/property to help prevent theft, injuries or damages.
• Provide a high level of customer service by interacting with patients, visitors and staff in a professional manner that is proactive, friendly and helpful; create safety awareness among the hospital community.
• Provide emergency response to a variety of situations.
• Conduct preliminary investigations into thefts, shortages and other complaints involving potential misconduct.
• Provide escorts for staff, visitors and patients as requested.
• Perform patient restraints; detains individuals suspected of criminal conduct.
• Maintain accountability for valuables/property and other forms of evidence.
• Assist motorists with jump starts and lockouts.
• Prepare and submit written reports in a complete and accurate manner and log all incidents.
• May be assigned to special duties such as needed.
• May be assigned to an off-site location. Will be cross-trained in other locations beyond normally assigned work space.
• May be required to work other shifts and/or locations when necessary.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Minimum of a high school diploma required. A strong educational background (Associate's or Bachelor's degree) in criminal justice or related field is preferred. A combination of both experience and education will be considered.
1-3 years of security or related experience preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Driver's license
Must submit to and pass an initial and annual criminal background check.
Must obtain and maintain required certifications in the following programs (training provided by department):
CPI De-Escalation Training
International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) Basic Officer Certification (within first 90 days)
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield