Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• The HRIS Kronos SQL Engineer position is responsible for supporting application and data integrations between Kronos Workforce Central and other clinical and non-clinical healthcare applications. This role assumes a key technical role and utilizes in-depth Oracle SQL and API technical programming skills to advance and optimize Mass General Brigham's enterprise Time & Attendance and Scheduling operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Development and support of Kronos Workforce Central interfaces using Oracle PL/SQL and Kronos Workforce Integration Manager
• Migrate integrations in all upgrade planning and deployments
• Monitor operations of multiple interfaces - respond appropriately to performance/functional issues
• Create business requirements and technical solution recommendations for business requests that come in via enhancements (including custom report requests)
• Complete Fit/Gap analyses, functional requirements documents, and technical design documents
• Identify/recommend opportunity to simplify business administration using application/data integrations
• Mentor/train team members on integration technologies
• Other duties as assigned
• 4-year college degree in computer science with 2-3 years of development experience or 6+ years of experience with SQL development and/or API development
• Oracle database design / development / scripting
• SQL Server database design / development / scripting
• 4+ years programming experience (Stored procedures, API's, XML)
• Integration of Cloud-Based applications with On-Premises applications and data sources
• Data Modeling/Architecting Kronos workforce data tables
• Experience using Business Intelligence applications to create historical and predictive analytics dashboards using either Power BI and/or Tableau
• Kronos Workforce Integration Manager (WIM) a plus
• Kronos database schema knowledge/familiarity
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• Strong interpersonal skills - the candidate will have to effectively lead and/or cross functional team meetings to assist in identifying requirements of requested/required integrations
• Ability to communicate and collaborate - the candidate must be able to analyze business problems and effectively communicate technical recommendations at the technical level of the audience they are addressing
• Ability to successfully negotiate - the Systems Integration Engineer must balance solutions that solve the business problem with a directive of minimizing system complexity or customization
• Strong problem solving skills are required for supporting integrations, some time critical
• Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
The Stepping Stones Group
AllWays Health Partners