Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
An affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Mass General Brigham Urgent Care serves as a convenient and affordable urgent care option for those living and working in the Greater Boston area. From coughs and colds to cuts and broken bones, our providers offer great care for a range of illnesses and injuries in clean modern centers. We know urgent medical situations often happen unexpectedly, so our Boston-area Mass General Brigham Urgent Care clinics seven days a week. Most Mass General Brigham Urgent Care visits last less than an hour, so our patients can get back to what matters.
The Medical Assistant provides patient centric care, patient registration and medical assistance duties as part of the Mass General Brigham Urgent Care Team.
New hire, full-time Medical Assistants are eligible for a taxable bonus of $750 after the successful completion of your first 90 days of employment.
• Medical assistant diploma required • BLS/CPR certification required • 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience in a high-volume urgent care center, primary care practice or emergency room preferred.
• Existing internal MGB Urgent Care employees, who have been employed for at least 6 months and received a medical assistant diploma from an accredited program
• Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
• Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
• An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
• A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
• Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
• Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Reliable, independent transportation is required for travel to various MGB UC locations.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
• Ability to work 12.5 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.