Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Clinical Business Analyst II works with users to understand complex clinical and business workflows, define functional requirements, convey requirements to colleagues engaged in software design and configuration activities, execute test scripts and user acceptance testing, and provide software support services.
The person in this role is a member of the BWH/BWF Allied Health Clinical Information Systems Team focusing on Hospital Outpatient Departments A primary focus of this role will be in support of the BWH Radiation Oncology department, working in conjunction with DFCI support staff for the split DEP set up. Additional HODs that this role will support include, but are not limited to: Infusion, Dialysis, Sleep Center, Pulmonary Function Lab, Autonomic Lab, EEG and EMG, and the Blood Donor Center. This role supports Brigham and Women's Hospital, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, the Brigham and Women's Physician Organization, and its affiliates. Support consists of telephone support, along with classroom, and at-the-elbow support in patient care areas. The Clinical Business Analyst is responsible for eliciting business requirements, executing user acceptance testing, and providing end user support to Epic users.
Under the direction of the Manager for BWH/BWF Allied Health Information Systems, the individual in this role will:
Primarily function in a support-based role working with end-users through day, overnight and weekend call on a rotating basis. The primary applications supported will be Epic Ambulatory, Inpatient Orders, Inpatient Clin Doc and complimentary applications such as Cadence, and MyChart.
Provide in-person ambulatory support at BWH/BWF main campuses and distributed offsite locations
Provide off hours (weekends and/or evenings) on-site support multiple times per year for Epic upgrades and other organizational project "Go-Lives"
S/he must be able to create and maintain healthy working relationships with the end users, leadership, and satellite staff
Elicit requirements, and document workflow changes an impacts, for Epic enhancement and demand requests
Create, or update, change related training and communication materials as it relates to Epic Ambulatory application changes
Plan, manage, and over-see projects utilizing recognized project management techniques and methodologies
Conduct formal presentations and prepare presentation for project level work
Communicate status on various project/program efforts to leadership, internal stakeholders and manage expectations
Document and analyze business processes and drive business process improvement workflows
Functional and technical requirements definition
System testing/quality assurance
Implementation & Post-implementation support
Complete work assignments in accordance with established timelines
Identify system and related operational issues and provide recommended solutions
Mentor junior staff
Support and educate users of on the use of clinical and complementary applications. Prepare end-user training materials.
• Identify and resolve complex issues, escalating as needed for timely resolution.
• Provide high quality service to users, according to defined service level agreements.
• Create and run reports as needed using tools such as Epic Reporting Workbench.
• Document and analyze business processes and workflows to drive business process improvements and ensure accuate system configuration. Where possible, identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Understand user requirements; translate these into functional requirements and assist user with submission for software updates.
• Develop and execute user acceptance testing plans including creation of test cases.
• Communicate status of various team efforts to leadership and other stakeholders, including preparing presentations in collaboration with senior staff.
• Participate in team meetings to discuss team and project activities, issues, changes, and communications.
• Assist in identifying and recommending best practices for business analysis, training and end user support functions.
• Use recognized project management tools and methodologies
• Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Other duties as assigned.
Standard office environment with possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites. May also require travel for training.
• On-call coverage expected as business needs dictate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare or a related field required
• Five or more years of healthcare information technology experience with knowledge of clinical systems
• Epic Certification desired or must obtain Epic training as outlined by program requirement
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
Skills and Abilities:
Experience providing training and support to end users, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Strong problem-solving and workflow improvement skills
• Strong knowledge of clinical workflows
• Ability to effectively translate business requirements to functional requirements
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to effectively conduct small to mid-sized meetings, both formal and informal
• Ability to learn quickly and share ingithts with teammates.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including facilitation and presentation
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office365 and other popular office productivity solutions Supervisory Resonsibilities:
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
AllWays Health Partners
Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Mass General Brigham(PHS)