Under general supervision of the Waltham Imaging Operations and Technical Managers, incumbent performs various reception and/or scheduling tasks for the various areas of the imaging site to ensure a quality based, customer-oriented workflow. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- scheduling patient appointments using on-line registration/scheduling systems
- editing, cancelling, rescheduling and confirming patient appointments
- receiving patients into the department and ensuring completeness of all forms
- understands financial services and self-pay resources and provides patient with information as needed.
reviewing and managing schedules as well as printing, sorting and working directly with technologists for the daily schedule
- functioning as a resource for appropriate staff
- entering, editing and confirming patient demographics, clinical data, financial and insurance information as needed
- responding to telephone requests and calls according to the established telephone guidelines and hospital patient confidentiality policy
- following all applicable hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- providing cross-coverage through multiple departments
-ability to input data into the Hospital Information System and Scheduling in the Radiant Scheduling Application.
- high school diploma
- minimum of 1 to 3 years of secretarial experience, preferably in a clinical setting directly interacting with patients
excellent customer service and communication skills
- knowledge of basic word processing packages
- basic computer skills necessary to use computerized scheduling and billing systems
- typing and/or word processing speed of at least 45-50 WPM
- pays close attention to proper grammar and correct spelling
- ability to courteously and effectively handle a diverse group of internal and external customers and colleagues
- good organizational skills required to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment
- ability to problem solve and adapt to flexible work hours in a variety of locations
- ability to maintain customer service standards and work with minimal supervision
- ability to input data into the Hospital Information System and Scheduling in the Radiant Scheduling Application.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.