Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: dover, New Hampshire
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham and Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Current opening for a part-time 20 hour position in our new Portsmouth Campus, opportunity to learn from very experienced colleagues, many with fellowship training, advanced degrees and certifications in orthopedics, spine, neurology and lymphedema. Scheduled meetings and rounds with specialty physicians (Physiatry and Orthopedic) fostering a professional development culture in the department. The position will allow you to grow your skills by providing one-on-one physical therapy, working along with supportive physicians who value conservative care by physical therapists. There is opportunity for daily collaboration with occupational therapists and speech therapist to support related therapeutic needs. Clinicians will have access to a outdoor turf field, Guldmann 25ft suspension rail and BITS System.
1. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to patient evaluation and development of care plan.
o Selects tools, tests and measures appropriate to patient age and diagnosis.
o Recognizes deviations from anticipated assessment findings.
o Establishes and prioritizes functional, measurable goals and includes time frames.
o Establishes treatment plans based on examination findings.
o Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the administration of therapeutic interventions.
o Provides care that maintains patient confidentiality, comfort and safety.
o Administers therapeutic agents and exercise programs according to clinical procedures.
o Selects, provides and instructs in the use of adaptive equipment.
o Assesses patient response to intervention and adjusts care appropriately
o Performs reassessment and goal adjustment according to policy.
o Instructs patient/family in the patient's therapeutic program, including discharge planning.
2. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the documentation of clinical care.
o Maintains medical record including assessment, interventions and clinical response.
o Obtains and reviews all required insurance authorizations and physician signatures.
o Documents patient outcomes that reflect goal achievement.
o Completes physician progress reports and discharge summaries according to department policy.
o Records accurate patient charges on a daily basis.
3. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the communication of clinical and operational information.
o Participates in daily inpatient discharge planning rounds.
o Provides patient status report for weekend/vacation coverage and orthopedic rounds.
o Communicates with other providers regarding the needs and capabilities of each patient.
o Communicates patient status report according to insurance company requirements.
o Provides verbal and written information to patient/family.
4. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to receiving and providing education.
o Identifies educational needs and seeks opportunities for improvement.
o Attends a minimum of one out of hospital rehabilitation program.
o Facilitates rehabilitation staff education regarding out of hospital education program.
o Maintains continuing education record semiannually.
o Completes clinical competencies annually.
o Serves as a resource for other departments and staff.
5. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the supervision of support staff.
o Assigns patients to Physical Therapist Assistants and communicates all pertinent patient information
o Re-evaluates Physical Therapist Assistants patients according to department policy.
o Provides continuous consultation with Physical Therapist Assistants.
o Directs and supervises aides.
o Directs and supervises secretarial staff relating to daily operations.
Experience Minimum Required
• Over one month Staff Physical Therapist
• Over one year Staff Physical Therapist in an out-patient setting
Education Minimum Required
• BA or BS in Physical Therapy or BS in Science-biology, chemistry with a Physical Therapy Certificate
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• NH Physical Therapist License
• AHA or ARC BLS within 2 weeks of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Wentworth-Douglass Physicians Organization(WDP)