We are looking for passionate MAs to join our Internal Medicine office located conveniently off Route 128 in Salem, MA! This position offers:
Bonus - New Full time MA employees are eligible for a taxable bonus of $750.00 to be paid out after the successful completion of your first 6 months of employment.
Robust, Inexpensive Benefits Package - Benefits take effect on your first day and plans are offered at an Individual level and Family level so they can be customized to cover your needs.
Work/Life Balance - no evening/weekend hours, no on-call
North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We have dozens of sites across the North Shore, with more than 400 board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals working as one to provide exceptional care.
We are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction. Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Mass General Brigham, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance.
Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward!
What you will do:
Under direction of a registered nurse, physician, or mid-level provider, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses with:
Treatment of patients during and between office visits
Other tasks consistent with the Medical Assistant's training and skills
The Medical Assistant's primary roles are:
Assure efficient patient flow through the office
Function as a "flow manager"
Maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas
Promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
What you will need:
• Completion of a formal, post-secondary clinical training program (ex. Medical Assistant, EMT, Paramedic, Nursing Assistant) OR Matriculation in, or graduate of, an Associates or Bachelor's degree program in nursing (RN). Nursing students must have completed fundamentals of nursing, skills lab, and at least one clinical rotation in medical / surgical nursing.
• Excellent critical thinking, communication, and organizational skills
• Document all patient communications and clinical treatments appropriately
• Comply with established risk management and safety procedures
• Comply with all local, state and federal privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations
• Sound judgment and problem solving ability
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and busy environment and see them through to completion
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Maintain or obtain CPR certification and participate in site-based CPR drills
• Clinical skills include but are not limited to:
- Applies the principles of aseptic/sterile technique and infection control at all times.
- Performs sterilization of medical equipment
- Complies with all quality control programs
- Educates the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising provider in health maintenance, disease prevention, disease management and compliance with the patient's treatment plan.
- Helps the provider and patient identify community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Assists provider and other office staff in population management using available tools
• Certificate, Diploma or Associates Degree in Medical Assisting from an accredited program.
• 2 years of experience in a related physician's office setting.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.