Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: dover, New Hampshire
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Creates an initial Epic EMR for new patients at a WHP primary care or specialty practice or updates an existing chart when a specialty practice begins utilization of the Epic EMR.
a. Abstracts the medical information into the Epic EMR from with a paper chart or an EMR (Epic or other) per the most current applicable WHP abstract template.
b. Scans and files appropriate documentation per the abstract into the applicable filing category per WHP protocol.
c. Utilizes the most current ICD-10 and other coding and medical references as appropriate.
d. Ensures the most current medical information is entered.
e. Avoids duplication of previously entered information or scanned documents when updating a chart for an existing patient.
f. Ensures familiarity with medical terminology and specific testing/results based on the specialty.
2. Performs Quality Assurance (QA) verifications on records created or updated by co-workers.
a. Performs QA per current protocol as provided by supervisor.
3. Ensures entry of discreet data per the most current quality metric goals.
. Ensures the abstract templates are updated accordingly when quality metrics are updated/revised.
4. Meets performance expectations regarding timeliness, quantity and quality.
. Abstracts records in a timely manner in order to ensure new patient charts are pre-loaded prior to the first patient appointment (if records are received in advance).
a. Abstracts records in a timely manner in order to ensure charts of existing patients are pre-loaded/updated per specific timeframes when converting a specialty practice to the Epic EMR.
b. Maintains quality standards while meeting goals of timeliness and quality.
c. Informs supervisor and/or affected practice in advance in the event of a delay in meeting the above standards.
d. Tracks daily/weekly performance metrics per supervisor.
5. Supports the overall functioning of the department.
. Alerts supervisor in a timely manner of issues affecting performance and/or meeting specified goals/timeframes.
a. Alerts appropriate staff when supplies are low and/or office equipment is not properly functioning.
b. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external contacts, ensuring follow-through on and completion of requested assistance.
6. Professional Development - Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency in performing assigned functions.
. Participates in ongoing educational activities and acquires knowledge and skills appropriate to role.
a. Shares information/in-services, interacting with others as valued colleagues.
b. Assists and supports a new or transferred employee during their orientation period.
c. Maintains all appropriate certifications and/or registrations.
d. Seeks constructive feedback regarding own performance.
e. Maintains an accurate education log reflecting attendance at and participation in professional development opportunities.
7. Ensures good teamwork and effective interpersonal relationships.
. Communicates effectively and handles confidential matters per policy and procedure.
a. Recognizes sensitive situations and seeks appropriate assistance.
b. Monitors personal work ethics, behaviors and attitude.
c. Recommends improvement in work environment.
d. Evaluates own performance and recognizes opportunities for improvement.
e. Recognizes own strengths and uses them to benefit patients, co-workers and the profession/organization.
f. Recognizes and takes advantage of opportunities for educational growth.
g. Maintains strong and effective relationships with peers, staff, providers, agencies and other organizations.
h. Participates in team spirit and becomes involved in daily decision-making for improvements.
i. Accepts responsibility as a member of the team. Routinely attends meetings, offers suggestions and openly and constructively relays concerns to the appropriate party.
8. General Duties
. Maintains work area in a professional and organized manner.
a. Performs other duties as assigned.
b. Minimizes impact on practice staff when working in a practice setting.
• Advanced medical terminology, LNA or MA training
Education Minimum Required
• High school diploma
• Advanced medical terminology, LNA or MA training
• Advanced medical terminology, LNA or MA training.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Experience with Epic or other Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record system
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Experience with Epic Enterprise Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record system
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Kraft Group LLC